Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when during the match did that hand incident happen? I was just watching the match in its entirety from MegaUpload and I thought it happened in the third set at like 5-5 or something, but I saw nothing of the sort. Anyone know the game score and set of the incident? I always wanted to see for myself, and now I can. :)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
id on't even care to remember. i'm still somber from that shit.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
I think it was at 4-2 in the third. I still haven't seen it. I think Serena was at 40-0 up also, not sure.

·
Registered
9,625 Posts
Sinnet said:
...when during the match did that hand incident happen? I was just watching the match in its entirety from MegaUpload and I thought it happened in the third set at like 5-5 or something, but I saw nothing of the sort. Anyone know the game score and set of the incident? I always wanted to see for myself, and now I can. :)
*4-2 30-0 in the 3rd

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah. I'll go back and look, maybe that's the part I didn't watch, because I thought it happened later in the match. I could have sworn I remember reading about it and it saying that the crowd booed Serena for the rest of the match, but I saw no such thing, not until after the match. So was it just for the rest of that game where the hand incident happened that the crowd was out of control?

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Not having seen it all... i remember the crowd booed Serena as she walked off court.

I saw the last few games, and it did seem like Serena was really affected by it. She just tried to force the ball so much, and didn't even care about the errors, which s so unlike her, because she is always so dramatic when she misses.

But i thnk this subject has been overdone on these boards, and many people won't bother wih this thread.

Though i'll be interested of your reaction after seeing it. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marshmallow said:
Not having seen it all... i remember the crowd booed Serena as she walked off court.

I saw the last few games, and it did seem like Serena was really affected by it. She just tried to force the ball so much, and didn't even care about the errors, which s so unlike her, because she is always so dramatic when she misses.

But i thnk this subject has been overdone on these boards, and many people won't bother wih this thread.

Though i'll be interested of your reaction after seeing it. :)
I know its overdone and overtalked about, but that's why I wanted to see it. I wasn't bringing this up to cause drama, just to find out where in the match it was.

BUT having just seen it, I must say...

I don't think it had much of any bearing on her losing. Serena made the errors, and it's too bad, because she would have likely beaten Clijsters in the final and won her 5th in a row, 6 being Wimbledon.

And the crowd only booed Serena as she left because she gave Justine a cold and lightening-fast handshake.

Edit: And I think the Umpire is to blame for not paying attention to the returner. Justine was friggin' STANDING UP WITH HER HAND IN THE AIR and he didn't see it? He never asked Justine about it, either, which is what people insist happen, when it didn't. Serena just asked "First serve? She had her hand up." He told her he didn't see it, she shook her head and served a second serve. Hmph. :(

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hey ya'll, at Wimbledon (Final last year) when Venus CLEARY hit a second serve out (by about 5 inches) but did not get called for it, do you think that Venus should have given the point to Davenport?

·
49,001 Posts
4-2, 30-0 on Serena Williams' serve.

:fiery:

nawl we aint over it, Ju fans. :p:p

·
26,927 Posts
King. said:
4-2, 30-0 on Serena Williams' serve.
Which shows that, if Serena had kept her composure and not steamed about it, she would probably have won comfortably.

Pretty similar to the Hingis incident from 1999.

·
49,001 Posts
and Clijsters would have still choked her ASS off in the final...Extending the slam match win streak...

But WHATEVER. :D

·
Rest In Peace, Elena
19,144 Posts
I didn't know about this incident! Juju had her hand up like Adolf Hitler's salute called Hult or something? am i right?

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
well i have the match in three parts, and i know it's the third part that i downloaded because I named that part "the part". there is one part at 3-2 in the third where serena point out that the ball was out and the crowd boos her. And another part at 4-2 in the third set whre the crowd boos agian, then right after that point on serenas serving justine has her hand up when serena's serena's serving and the crowd boos serena agian because she want's a first serve back!

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
King. said:
and Clijsters would have still choked her ASS off in the final...Extending the slam match win streak...

But WHATEVER. :D
I know serena could have won and should have won 6 GS in a row, because she won wimbeldon right after that! :)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
It had nothing to do with Serena losing. It's the bad sportsmenship that was the prob and everyone saw it. It def happened I was watching the whole thing. That's when I stopped liking H.H. and the FO. Oh well life goes on....

·
Rest In Peace, Elena
19,144 Posts
come on guys.... answer my question? and also why was her hand up in the air?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.