Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you gotta admit that Jen went all out to fill the fashion void created by Serena's absence. i mean Kim just wore her simple skirt-slits, while Justine didn't care if her teeth looked as if she was hired as an extra in "Blade II". but our Jen went all out -- cornrows, stars 'n stripes forever, two piece with a piece of gut showing, the works -- to make sure she was the center of fashion attention.

in hindsight, did she make herself look like an idiot? now that she's gone and lost and all?

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
lol!

I would have to agree that jen went out of her way

switching outfits midmatch in her matches against loit and against justine

I think she wore 4-5 outfits in the tounament, to fila's delight

the only thing that outdoes this is when Venus had 7 outfits planned in 98 only to get dumped in the semis

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Jennifer's problem was not her fashion sense, but her inability to close out big matches. Still, she has a lot to be proud of. She has played three solid weeks of great tennis which include a tournament win and a grand slam semifinal. Admittedly, Jennifer played better against Justine than world no. 1 Clijsters did.

BTW, I checked Venus's stats. She did make the semifinals of the USO that year, beating Pierce and Sanchez-Vicario and losing to eventual champ Davenport. Venus also made the quarterfinals of the other three grand slams that year.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
nah i dont think so

the hair did look really cute on her.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
decemberlove said:
nah i dont think so

the hair did look really cute on her.
No she didnt look stupid, I give her props for trying to look different every match..... At least she added a little flavor to the fashion of the Open, and had a hell of a run! Good for her.

·
Registered
504 Posts
its up to her what she wears really. i'm sure whoever posted this is a jen hater. she didnt look bad in any of the stuff she was wearing. she's not as boring as kim clijsters im afraid, why does she have to dress like her.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pierce0415 said:
lol!

I would have to agree that jen went out of her way

switching outfits midmatch in her matches against loit and against justine

I think she wore 4-5 outfits in the tounament, to fila's delight

the only thing that outdoes this is when Venus had 7 outfits planned in 98 only to get dumped in the semis
being a fashionista is such a hi-risk enterprise. just ask Christina Aguilera.:p

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
The star-spangled top looked great! More to the point, she played well, even thoughshe lost. If you wear an outfit that calls attention, it's important not to embarass yourself. I know a few jen fans, and while they're all bummed she lost, they all feel she played hard, and pretty well.

Jenn got it done.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
I thought her tennis outfits were nice but I saw her at the men's final and she looked a MESS! Pretty much like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards. The girl has no class or style whatsoever, her on-court appearance is obviously the work of a personal stylist.

·
Registered
27,056 Posts
Well, Venus got canned in the semis, which means she was still able to wear 6 of her 7 outfits. . . .LOL

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
No. And I don't think she was trying to fill in the fashion void the Williams' absence left. She looked just fine.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Jen doesnt give a shit about fashion! like she said in her interview, she wears what she likes and is more interested in tennis! She only changes her outfits in three setters to be more dry and comfortable....its not some great fashion statement.

personally i also prefer the red to the blonde...it goes better with her personality! fiery, sexy and hot! :lick: :devil: :fiery:

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you trying to say that Jen endured two hours of cornrowing, not to mention having to wear all those stars and stripes bec she doesn't care about fashion??

yeah right :eek:

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I wonder why she changed her star/stripped top to her old red Fila one in the middle of the Justine Semis.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.