Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I want Serena to compete the calendar grand slam, but what matters most of all is the homeland domination.....I just pray for another Williams win at Flushing Meadows.....make it five straight years that a williams have taken home the cup......I athink the name should be changed to the williams Cup.................

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
what would be amazing is if it WAS another A-W-F cos that would mean Venus has made at least the semis 7 straight seasons :)

OMG that is fucking amazing considering shes only 22 :eek:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that would be amazing .........Also take into consideration that since 97, with the exception of 98, venus has been in the finals, she practically owns the open....so will this trophy be the second Venus after the venus rosewater dish? I think it should be called the Venus E Starr cup!!!!!!!!!

Her accomplishments despite being recent has in fact eclipsed Althea Gibson who was the pioneer and inspiration.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
But maybe it would be better renamed the Margaret Osborne duPont Open. She did win 25 US titles after all :)

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
maccardel said:
Yes that would be amazing .........Also take into consideration that since 97, with the exception of 98, venus has been in the finals, she practically owns the open....so will this trophy be the second Venus after the venus rosewater dish? I think it should be called the Venus E Starr cup!!!!!!!!!

Her accomplishments despite being recent has in fact eclipsed Althea Gibson who was the pioneer and inspiration.
Venus lost in the semis in 1999.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts