Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
17,958 Posts
Ballbuster said:
^^Because she OWNS Kim and Justine.^^

Who cares about the rankings. They know when they face her - they are 80% certain it will be another routine Beatdown.
Well, Anna holds a 3-1 edge over Jennifer, and Angelica Roesch pretty much owns Dementieva, yet Jennifer is the one w/ the slams, and there is no way you can tell me that Roesch is better than Dementieva.

BTW Fingion, just cause someone isn't a native english speaker doesn't automatically make them stupid:rolleyes: .

· Registered
7,821 Posts
mboyle said:
Well, Anna holds a 3-1 edge over Jennifer, and Angelica Roesch pretty much owns Dementieva, yet Jennifer is the one w/ the slams, and there is no way you can tell me that Roesch is better than Dementieva.

BTW Fingion, just cause someone isn't a native english speaker doesn't automatically make them stupid:rolleyes: .

I know, I am not a native english speaker and don't consider myself stupid.

However, is someone doesn't know the difference between Belgium and the Belgians, they that person should not probably post on a message board in english. In fact, that person should go to school rather than waste his/her time posting here.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Knizzle said:
By the way, this is a serious question. Why do you seem to have such a bad attitude when discussing things on the board. It's like you have a chip on you shoulder about something. It's only tennis. We can disagree about tennis and still be cool and get along. I'm not here to have bitter arguments with fans of other players, and dislike them just because they don't share my views on tennis. What about you??
Because I have been dealing with the same player-hating assholes for 4 years now and I am sick of it. You'd think some day that those who are real tennis fans would either come around to the game or bugger off. But they don't. Sportsmanship? None. Honest debate? None. You? You could use some work yourself, you're not bad.

Don't be surprised if I'm not around much for a while. I am so tired of this shit.

· Banned
366 Posts
Fingon said:
I just realized the interesting sentence construction of our smart thread's author.

In 19, what the hell is that? a district? do they call Flushing Meadows 19? (like Wimby SW19 :confused: )

Belgium will be Ranked world # 1 and # 2.

Wow, I didn't know that Belgium played tennis, that's an achievement for the belgian tennis federations, their whole country plays tennis.

And despite that, how can a single entity (Belgium?) be ranked # 1 and 2 at the same time?

the level of intelligence of some posters is really shocking

:lol:
I understood his title very well..."In 19 days (when the USopen is over) Kim and Justine will (or may) be ranked numbers 1 and 2 in the world"

Read b/t the lines next time
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

· Banned
366 Posts
Fingon said:
I know, I am not a native english speaker and don't consider myself stupid.

However, is someone doesn't know the difference between Belgium and the Belgians, they that person should not probably post on a message board in english. In fact, that person should go to school rather than waste his/her time posting here.

"They that person should..." English really is not your native language

:rolleyes:

· Registered
7,821 Posts
mexicotrip said:
I understood his title very well..."In 19 days (when the USopen is over) Kim and Justine will (or may) be ranked numbers 1 and 2 in the world"

Read b/t the lines next time
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about what I understood or didn't understand, I was talking about the way the the poster who started this thread expresses himself.

Read the lines the next time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

· Registered
19,459 Posts
disposablehero said:
Because I have been dealing with the same player-hating assholes for 4 years now and I am sick of it. You'd think some day that those who are real tennis fans would either come around to the game or bugger off. But they don't. Sportsmanship? None. Honest debate? None. You? You could use some work yourself, you're not bad.

Don't be surprised if I'm not around much for a while. I am so tired of this shit.
It's always good to take a little break from these boards. It goes both ways though. It's just nothing but retaliation back and forth. One bad fan says something negative about another player, and a fan of that player replies and says something nastier, and then soon everyone thinks everyone else truly hates their fave when in actuality they are just defending their faves by retaliating. Like they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch. ;)

· Registered
88 Posts
lizchris said:
High Tier Title Total for Venus, Kim and Justine (career):

Venus
1 Olympic Gold Medal
4 Grand Slam titles
4 Tier I titles

Kim
1 Year End Championship
2 Tier I titless

Justine
1 Grand Slam title
4 Tier I titles

From the looks of things, Venuss far ahead of these two.
Unfortunately, the ranking does not count wins in the past years. It only reflects a player's performance in the past 52 weeks. So the ranking now is just the way it should be.

· Registered
7,821 Posts
mexicotrip said:
I love it when people make fools of themselves trying to make fools out of other people. This ain't english class Shakespeare!

of course not, if somebody wrote in english class Shakespeare, nobody would understand a word.

and if you are a native speaker and can´t differenciate between a typo and a horribly constructed sentece that makes no sense, then you are even more stupid than the author of this thread.

· Registered
926 Posts
Belgium has won 12 titles this year compare to only 10 by the USA...i didn't see this coming since Belgium has only two top players while USA has five, anyway, GO BELGIUN

· Registered
20,884 Posts
nante4ever said:
Unfortunately, the ranking does not count wins in the past years. It only reflects a player's performance in the past 52 weeks. So the ranking now is just the way it should be.
It is obvious that Kim and Justine have played better this year than Venus, but disposablehero implied that careerwise, Venus is far behind Justine and Kim as far as major titles. From my list, anyone of average intelligence can tell that Venus is far ahead of Kim and Justine. I'll also add that Kim and Justine's total titles combined don't equal Venus' title toal to date.

Just deal with some facts when it comes to Venus:

Venus was a better player than Kim and Justine from 1999-2002, based on ranking and titles won
Venus has more titles than Kim and Justine, combined and separately
Venus has a commanding career head-to-head against Justine and a very good career head-to-head agaisnt Kim
To date, Venus has spent more weeks at number one than Kim (though that is likely to change)
Venus has had a more sucessfull Grand Slam career than Kim and Justine, combined and separately (singles and doubles)

Most Venus fans can deal with the fact that the Belgians are the story of the second half of 2003 tennis year and could be the story of the year. Just try to deal with the above regarding Venus.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
caelestia said:
Please, explain where you got this from :confused:
Go back and read disaposablehero's first post or one of his/her first posts.

· Registered
264 Posts
mboyle said:

All these defeats you are talking about are all accidental or should I
say flukes. And may be stupid indeed to compare Ann and Roesch
wins over these players to that of Venus' superiority over Henin and
Kim.
Venus beat Henin in many finals and her record against Kim is very
good enough.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
CamilleVidann said:
It's a mere generalization of yours right? and you're probly right.
But don't think every Williams fan is like that. I'm a die-hard Williams fan myself but don't show off or whether the sistaz are dominating or not, I just support them and don't put down or bash other players. I think that's the best way a fan of a player should be.

dont listen to disposablezeros bs

there are fans like that of EVERY PLAYER. whats really pathetic is that people like that focus on a small vocal minority of a fan base and then blast the whole group. so sad.

anyway I think its great that the country of belgium has produced the number one and two players in the world at the same time its almost as great as one family producing the number one and two players in the world. :wavey:

· Registered
6,762 Posts
I can't believe you people are arguing over this tired subject.

Kim and Justine have a had a better year than venus by far. How can you compare one title with a grandslam and a few tier ones with a tier two? You can't. Sure slam finals are nice but unless you win who really cares in the long run? Not many.

Yes venus has been injured but so have a lot of other people its not their fault and its not the fault of the players who are healthy. Thats tennis. Deal.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.