The limit of tournaments should be..

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's vote for a new rule.

It's very important that you all give your opinion, because this affects everyone.

What should be the limit for the tournaments?

The limit of the tournaments is basically done for the rankings. There is not the 18 best results thing on TTT, so the limit of tournaments avoids people who play too much to have a better ranking than they deserve.
Without this limit, someone who plays 37 weeks will have a better ranking than other players who can't play everyweek plus it makes top players make a schedule, which gives chance to the non top players to have low tournaments without top players

Right now there are 37 weeks of game ( no 37 tournamets) with a limit of 28.

Choose what you would like, and please participate.

·
Banned
89 Posts
30 tournaments...

If you want rankings to be more accurate, just have Best 17 count... it takes a little more time to do, but it's not that hard with only 25~ people playing.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
I must say I agree. I never understood why the Best of 17 system was so difficult. Everytime any inquired about it, the response was "no" and there was never a reason. Not even a "you can do it if you want it that badly" (and don't tell me that, I really want an answer).

However, given that most people have based how they've been playing on the 30 tournaments system as it is, it is unfair to change the system in the middle of the year. And yes, this has been in place for quite a while.

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
well, I've never been able to learn how to maintain a ranking with the best 17 lol, but I vote for 30 tournaments. 2 tournaments doesn't make a big difference, plus people only wants to play every tournament they can. It's a game and it's for fun.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really dont care if the limit is 28 or 30.

But if all the rules have to be voted, i didnt understand why this not, and that's why it's being voted. If everybody votes 30, that would be cool, cause everyone will be happy :)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Lol Sonfo ;)

But that's another good point. While I care about my ranking, I hate the weeks that I don't play - I'd rather play than not.

If you go to tenniscorner.net and find someone's ranking points, you can see how it works to do the ranking.

If we had a best of 17, then we could put a cap at 30 and then just accept the best 17 results. That's about what the spazzes play on the real tour (i.e. Myskina, Dokic, Panova, etc.). And I think that wouldn't really change very much of the rankings anyway.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plus the limit is not just for the rankings.

If we are able to play everyweek, all top players would play every tournament, that would mean always top players in finals, even lower tournaments.

But if there is a limit, a top player would better choose to play Zurich than Palermo, which will give a lower ranked player the chance to go further at Palermo..

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
yeah, i understand that. I was talking to Mikey the other day and I told him that it would be great to have more players in order to make two tournaments every week so it would be even more chances, and the weeks that there is only a tournament, for example mmmm Tokio pp? we could add an invented tournament in order to give people more chances.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
30 so my bad rank will be inflated with the few good results i actuallyhave

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
anabel said:
I really dont care if the limit is 28 or 30.

But if all the rules have to be voted, i didnt understand why this not, and that's why it's being voted. If everybody votes 30, that would be cool, cause everyone will be happy :)
Not for sure you don´t care... You made the 28 rule, but you don´t care :rolleyes:

I support Sonfo´s idea of having 2 events per week, we are more players now than a year ago, and having top players split in 2 diferent draws obviously help the lower ranked players.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Well it's definately hard to choose. Having a tournament cap affects everyone, and it doesn't allow the lower ranked players to play more to bring their ranking up. It also makes peopel bored the weeks they aren't playing. But not having a tournament cap does let top players play everywhere and not letting lower-ranked playing catch up at lower tier events. The 30 tournament cap is fihe with me. :)

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
petosp said:
Not for sure you don´t care... You made the 28 rule, but you don´t care :rolleyes:

I support Sonfo´s idea of having 2 events per week, we are more players now than a year ago, and having top players split in 2 diferent draws obviously help the lower ranked players.
Of course i care about the rules, that's why i make them. I care having a limit of tournaments, i just dont care if it's 30 or 28, does not make a difference at all.

What i dont care is about you, and your comments, and it's like the 158th time i say it :)

·
Banned
89 Posts
sonfo said:
well, I've never been able to learn how to maintain a ranking with the best 17 lol, but I vote for 30 tournaments. 2 tournaments doesn't make a big difference, plus people only wants to play every tournament they can. It's a game and it's for fun.
You just take the Best 17 points of the year... now, if we want to do like the men's, that's a different story. :)

It really doesn't take much more time to figure out of Best 17 either... if you're learned with Excel, it only takes an extra minute, or two.

As a newer player, I'd much prefer Best 17 because...

1) It will take over a year for me to earn my true ranking... and winning a tournament like I did, is less points than Paul losing 30 times in the 1st round. :p

2) It will make the lesser tournaments even more meaningless to the top players... thus giving the weaker, and newer players a chance.

I strongly suggest changing something... because constantly having the weaker players in the same draws as the top players... makes the game no fun for them.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
since i do the rankings, it would only be a burden to me, and i always wanted to try and introduce the best 17 system.

it wouldnt be right to change it now though, being half way through the 3rd season, maybe at the beginning of the 4th season, it is something to think about :)

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,437 Posts
I voted 30 :)

Dont see much difference in 2 less, and I think it is good to encourage people to play plenty of TTT because it's a great game :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts