Registered
4,384 Posts
selesrulez said:
Sorri... I never knew....then give me rep points!! J/K :devil:
only if the price right and I don't come cheap. :lick:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ive always thought she was unlucky in that Graf seemed to be always around to beat her in finals. I think she is underestimated alot, when people try to claim who is the greatest by looking at slams won etc.

·
Registered
34,285 Posts
Darran said:
Ive always thought she was unlucky in that Graf seemed to be always around to beat her in finals. I think she is underestimated alot, when people try to claim who is the greatest by looking at slams won etc.
Well without Graf, not only ASV but Sabatini, Conchita, Seles, Date, Fernández and Novotna would have more GS or one

·
Registered
21,357 Posts
she would have had more without monica then without steffi. steffi at least gave her opportunities like at the us open 92, monica(pre 93) didn't

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
That is pretty ironic irma..it's funny because at the 91 French and 92 USO she beat Steffi in route to those finals but lost to Monica in both of those finals! And THEN when Monica wasn't around she only beat Steffi ONCE out of 6 finals and in which people thought Arantxa was in her prime! :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
propi said:
Well without Graf, not only ASV but Sabatini, Conchita, Seles, Date, Fernández and Novotna would have more GS or one
Without Graf Monica would have avoided her attempted murder AND lost her main rival. She would have won 18 Slams and retired after the 95 Chase Championships, a month before her 22nd birthday, due to pure boredom.

·
Registered
21,357 Posts
Julian said:
That is pretty ironic irma..it's funny because at the 91 French and 92 USO she beat Steffi in route to those finals but lost to Monica in both of those finals! And THEN when Monica wasn't around she only beat Steffi ONCE out of 6 finals and in which people thought Arantxa was in her prime! :( :rolleyes:
not ironic steffi used the break because of her back at the end of 94 start of 95 to regain herself especially mentally. she was fresher then she had been for years when she returned! even the media said this is a new steffi who now enjoys herself and her tennis:)

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
disposablehero said:
Without Graf Monica would have avoided her attempted murder AND lost her main rival. She would have won 18 Slams and retired after the 95 Chase Championships, a month before her 22nd birthday, due to pure boredom.
And what would you, as a fan prefer?

Monica with 9 Slams still playing or Monica with 18 Slams retired?

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
hingis-seles said:
And what would you, as a fan prefer?

Monica with 9 Slams still playing or Monica with 18 Slams retired?
I'd prefer Monica had 18 Slams and was still playing. I'd prefer nobody ever tried to kill her for being better than Steffi. I'd prefer to find out what would happen if Steffi had faced Monica on a level playing field. I'd prefer a lot of things that should have, but didn't happen.

·
Chionophile
40,201 Posts
disposablehero said:
No she would've gone on to pursue a career as an actress. ;)

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Arantxa won as many slams as I think she should have. Four really is alot. I mean, Hingis won five, and she was/is loads more talented than ASV. Honestly, even last year, when Martina was losing to EVERYONE, she still managed a 6-4; 6-2 win over Arantxa.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
The Grandslam finals record between Arantxa and Steffi is 2-5.
Interesting to see what would have happened if Arantxa faced someone else in those 5 finals. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.