Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KV said:
As a 17 y.o. nor Kim/Amelie had as good results as Maria.
i mainly refer to the fact that sharapova has never won any tournaments and that her first win could be a GS title so it s that that could really frustrate players like amelie or kim

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
lolo21 said:
i mainly refer to the fact that sharapova has never won any tournaments and that her first win could be a GS title so it s that that could really frustrate players like amelie or kim
Maria has won tournaments. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
imagine how frustated players like amelie or kim would be if by any luck..
after myskina won FO,sharapova wins Wimbledon!!can t even imagine it but..
Imagine how damn frustrated I'D feel!!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
If Amelie could hold her nerves like Myskina did she would probably be going for her third GS title Saturday and if she had Sharapova's serve as well she would be winning all the GS. i would have fancied Kim over Serena today too. Strangely I wouldn't have been surprised if Myskina at FO level was in the final either.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,962 Posts
Honestly I don't give a flying [email protected] about their possible frustration. They had their chances. It was entirely up to them not to choke them away. If Masha manages to win her uphill battle, she will just plain prove being better than them..

Reactions: OUT!

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
I never won a slam due to bad luck in every match I ever played in the majors. Plus Chris cheated

:p

·
Registered
199,011 Posts
lolo21 said:
Of course, she's already won 3 wta tournaments

·
Registered
199,011 Posts
Lolo21 this for your information

It is amazing to know that Maria:

- became the youngest to reach the Grand Slam final since AER was adopted in 1995 (S.Williams, the youngest to win the Grand Slam).
- became the sixth-youngest Grand Slam women's singles finalist in the Open Era.
- became the youngest Russian to reach the Grand Slam final in history.
- became the second youngest to reach top 10 since AER was adopted in 1995 (AnnaK broke in the top 10 for the first time on June 22, 1997 at age 17 but don't know what rank exactly, anyone know?).

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
I doubt they will be frustrated anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts