Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm gonna see Monica Seles ...TOMORROW!!!!!

:woohoo: :bounce: i am soo frickin' excited! when i found out a few days ago on the paper that on Thursday, August 11, 2005 Monica Seles, Chris Evert and friends would be showcasing some kind of exhibition in the courtyard of the Toronto Dominion building, presented by American Express, (soo very close to where I work :cool::drool: ) I couldn't believe it. I prolly won't be able to sleep tonight. I've never seen Monica up close and not many fans have seen her in a while to see how skinny she has gotten or what have you. Yay! I love Monica Seles :worship: I have been seeing many advertisements for next week's Rogers Cup with my queen, :cool:VENUS:hearts: posted all over downtown. AAAANNDD Serena's coming too???!! I don't believe it :cool: I am just so overwhelmed right now i'll go. Don't worry, me be sharing the eyecandy and I'll see you at the tourny :)

Later :wavey:

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Monica is missed. :(

·
Banned
6,101 Posts
I'm going :D- I'm going early too (between 11 30 - 12 00) so that I'm not stuck in the middle of the all rich business people's lunch. :lol:

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
here is the basic info
When: Thursday, August 11, 2005

Time: 12:00 - 12:20 p.m.: News conference with Monica Seles,
Chris Evert, American Express and Tennis Canada.
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.: Monica Seles, Chris Evert and
friends, with Rick Mercer as host at Tennis Legends
Challenge, presented by American Express.

Where: News Conference:
- The Design Exchange, 234 Bay Street, Toronto
Patty Watt Room, 3rd Floor
Tennis Legends Challenge:
- TD Centre courtyard (at the intersection of
King St. & Bay St., Toronto)

Photo Opportunity: Photography of Seles and Evert
- custom-built court at the TD Centre courtyard with
bleacher seating and spectators
- engaged in on-court action
- sharing tricks of their trade
- local celebrity serve challenge

Photography of Rick Mercer
- working the crowd and hosting the tennis challenge

·
Banned
6,101 Posts
Any news on what happens if it rains (like it's supposed to)?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
TM said:

:woohoo: :bounce: i am soo frickin' excited! when i found out a few days ago on the paper that on Thursday, August 11, 2005 Monica Seles, Chris Evert and friends would be showcasing some kind of exhibition in the courtyard of the Toronto Dominion building, presented by American Express, (soo very close to where I work :cool::drool: ) I couldn't believe it. I prolly won't be able to sleep tonight. I've never seen Monica up close and not many fans have seen her in a while to see how skinny she has gotten or what have you. Yay! I love Monica Seles :worship: I have been seeing many advertisements for next week's Rogers Cup with my queen, :cool:VENUS:hearts: posted all over downtown. AAAANNDD Serena's coming too???!! I don't believe it :cool: I am just so overwhelmed right now i'll go. Don't worry, me be sharing the eyecandy and I'll see you at the tourny :)

What do you think the odds are that both Serena and Venus show up? Are they both supposed to be playing in the Roger's Cup?

Can you take some pictures? Some pictures of the entire scene would be very interesting to see (to me anyway).

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here..i managed to snap a quick pic of the tennis court being done up at the courtyard early this afternoon before the rain. the weather should be mostly sunny tomorrow as it states on the weatherchannel. let's hope it stays that way :cool:

Attachments

·
Banned
6,101 Posts
Wow that is much nicer than I expected! Now, those who did not get VIP seats, where do we sit :lol:?

·
Banned
25 Posts
TM said:

the last time I saw Monica was during an exhibition tourney last year ( mid 2004). one thing i've noticed right way was that she completely slimmed down and looked oh so fit...very reminiscent of her pre-1993 glory days.

she does look so much lovelier and charismatic in person... :worship:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
please wish her all the best and tell her we miss her so much! (if u get to talk to her)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts