Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually somewhat concerned about it. I work most of the time during the day, so it's hard to get in to see a doctor about it. There is a particular region of my back which feels numb and tingly almost all the time now, especially when I lean forward. It's really uncomfortable. It doesn't hurt so much as it just feels WRONG. It's almost like pins and needles with a bit more pressure. I know it's caused from lifting at work, but don't know what to do about it. Will it just go away?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Sounds like a pinched nerve. You need to get in to the Dr. Tell him it hurts real bad and you'll get some good pills!!!

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
BigB08822 said:
Sounds like a pinched nerve. You need to get in to the Dr. Tell him it hurts real bad and you'll get some good pills!!!
drug addict!

go to a doctor rebecca... and in the meantime, find some hot guy to give you a nice back massage.

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
I told her it was a pinched nerve! And she didn't even tell me about the arm tingling...now I'm sure of it!

And I also suggested a hot guy massage...since I'm currently busy, I decided that ys should visit her and give her a nice rubdown. :hearts:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
a massage could cure that otherwise play tennis.;)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
No, don't play tennis. It might only get worse. The Dr. will probably recommend rest and/or getting a massage. Oh, and pills, lots of pills!!!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
no, don't take pills...do it the natural way.;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Rebecca said:
So it's not a big deal then? I'm not going to be crippled if I keep lifting stuff at work? Eggcellent.
You should go to a doctor and take time off. Remember to ask for workman's comp since it looks like it was caused by your job - I think you get 80% of your current wages.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,224 Posts
Rebecca said:
I should add that it tingles all the way down my one arm sometimes :( Usually just when I lift stuff so far, but I'm afriad that it might just start doing that at random too! It's in the lower section of my back on the right side, and down my right arm ":(
Might you be preggers?

·
Banned
10,399 Posts
my back is killing me rightnow! I did 7 hours of guitar practice yesterday, and i got pains all over my back. :(

I used to get stinging pains in my back when i used to work. It felt like a hot needle going in my back :(

I never did get rid of it. It still comes back when i'm on my feet too long :sad:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Howlin' Wolf said:
my back is killing me rightnow! I did 7 hours of guitar practice yesterday, and i got pains all over my back. :(

I used to get stinging pains in my back when i used to work. It felt like a hot needle going in my back :(

I never did get rid of it. It still comes back when i'm on my feet too long :sad:

start walking on all fours like a dog

its better for your back

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Rebecca, I know what you're talking about, I have had the same problem. Lower annoying back pain that would spread into my arms and my legs. I went to the doctor and I got pictures taken of my back, but there was nothing to be seen on it, and my doctor said there was nothing wrong with my back. He adviced me to sport some more. Bastard :mad:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Surely the answer is to try and get out of the lifting ?

Alternatively swim and alternate arms as much as possible.

And get your leg length measured. If one is shorter than the other then you're putting pressure that you don't know about on your back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts