Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dun no why, I'm gettin bored of tennis....... it's just gettin too predictable and monotonous.. i suppose it's always been monotonous, maybe I'm just bored of the monotonous of the game?

We've lost Hingis, and now we're losing Seles, who I consider one of the most exciting players on the tour.... and we're also losing Kounikova (not that I ever had her or anything!)... ai............. hope Wimbledon ain't a drag too....

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
monica announced retirement?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...... i've been watchin mens game.. Stella artois.. and went to DFS classic.. Mens game is a bit better...
hopefully Eastbourne will get be interested

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
yea ive been enjoying the mens this year

the womens was just a bit flat for a while...still loved Serena winning everything tho :D

and the mens FO was much better than the womens

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today the Agassi and Roddick match was pretty awesome.. all those aces...
... the women's game has totally gone off

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
sent me to sleep :angel:

not that it was bad....just the excitement of the other one left me tired ;)

Tim is such a boring personality :(

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Allez Sebastien! And goodness me, I'm saying that as a Henman fan. Mind you, there are a lot of people other than Grosjean that I would have preferred to beat Henman, but then there are also a lot of people whom I would want to beat him even less (Hewitt comes to mind).

Should be an interesting test of the British crowd's loyalties given the precarious tightrope act that we have recently walked between the USA and France. Roddick is certainly deserving of the title, but this early in his career it would seem, I don't know, weird... at least Grosjean has some grass-court history behind him with his previous titles.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ye.. my brother was sayin that Henman was gettin less support ... I didn't notice any different to be honest

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
they should boo Grosjean because hes not English speaking like Roddick

yea that situation would never happen though :angel:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It's interesting... Queens always has a less rowdy crowd than at Wimbledon, their support is more along the lines of the occasional shout of encouragement and general enthusiastic applause whenever he plays good points. To be honest, Henman gave them very little to cheer about today, and the noise virtually died out by the start of the second set. A lot of credit for that goes to Grosjean, who did what he had to do very effectively.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep... i just dun see Henman winning Wimbledon... maybe he'll prove me wrong.. but his serve is pathetic and his volleys are a bit off....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I've never liked Henman. He has zero personality and he gets all our tennis coverage. I just don't like the guy. Greg Rusedski is a different story and he should get much more coverage over here!

I'm backing A-Rod to win tomorrow straight sets, hopefully! :) :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Capriati Fan said:
I've never liked Henman. He has zero personality and he gets all our tennis coverage. I just don't like the guy. Greg Rusedski is a different story and he should get much more coverage over here!

I'm backing A-Rod to win tomorrow straight sets, hopefully! :) :bounce: :bounce:
are u British??

I prefer Rusedski over Henman.. but Henmania seems to take over.... overrated!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Well I'm a Belgian Brit. Lived in the UK pretty much all the time since I was 8 and all my family are Geordies or Welsh.

Anyway, Rusedski is so much more of a charcter than drab Tim Henman. It annoys me how Greg is overlooked so much after all he holds the fastest serve record and he is the only one to reach a Grand Slam final!. But despite all this Tim is the media's favourite. I don't get it.............

1 - 20 of 35 Posts