Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to love Venus alot. I use to watch all of her matches and when she was down, I still watched. This year, Im very discouraged in her. At the AO, I thought she had hope, but then her level of play went down. Right now I hate her becuase it seems that her priority is her V Star. She does have her priorities mixed up because she cant be a tennis player forever, so why is she rushing into starting a business. She should make tennis her priority, then do her V Starr thing. Its not likes shes gonna go poor. It makes me mad. I dunno, but i think she did the Warsaw thing on purpose so she wouldn't have to play berlin, but i dunno

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
She injured herself on purpose??

That doesn't make sense, expecially with #2 on the line.

I'm glad she doesn't have a fan like you anymore. You have to have faith in your player. Sure, I'm a little discouraged, but I wouldn't go as far to hate her and say she faked an injury. :rolleyes:

And where do you come up with that her priority is V Starr, did she say that somewhere, do you know her?? How do you know what she does when she goes home??

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
She injured herself on purpose??

That doesn't make sense, expecially with #2 on the line.

I'm glad she doesn't have a fan like you anymore. You have to have faith in your player. Sure, I'm a little discouraged, but I wouldn't go as far to hate her and say she faked an injury. :rolleyes:

And where do you come up with that her priority is V Starr, did she say that somewhere, do you know her?? How do you know what she does when she goes home??
Oh well after she lost to Meghann Shaughnessy at the Nasdaq 100, she say she had to meet with some people for V Starr and wouldn't play some tournaments in MAY. Inferred, it doesn't seem like she wanted to practice on her game. BTW, i didn't mean hate. sry

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Well then, my friend, you're NOT a TRUE Venus Williams fan. Take a good look around this place. Everybody here has a fav. But not everyone's fav is in the top 10, or 20, or maybe not in the top 100, but they still cheer for them. In tennis, players are gonna win, lose, be in the zone, and be in a slump. REAL fans stick with their favs no matter what, because they have faith and belief in them and they cheer that they will get in that zone and become unstoppable once again. Sometimes we're hard on our favs, especially when they've tasted glory and have somewhat fallen from grace so to speak. But we continue to believe and cheer and hail them as royalty whenever they take the court. It's all about believing in your favs ability and chances, and supporting them because you like what they bring to the game. It's not about how much they win or what they win, but being happy for them when they do, and supporting them when they don't. Disappointment is only human, hell, I've been disappointed in Venus's game plenty of times, and I've ranted and raved about it too. But I still love Venus, and I still love it when she takes the court. I refuse to give up on her. I love being her fan through thick and thin.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
both of the sisters weren't very impressive as of late

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
pay this lil boy no mind

all the idiots are coming over from GoTennis

him, diya, next we will have "rational danny" and "tplayer"

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you people sure are rowdy, geez!! yea i just came here, from gotennis. But im no idiot or troublemaker. You dont even know me so u you need to shut up.

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
I feel really sad when i see a few Venus fans give up on her (and rightfully so IMHO) .....I guess her fan base is deteriorating both in quantity and (now with SJW 'the BW hopper' back as her fan ) in quality too ;)

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
BTW I am sure you included yourself in those "idiots" who have come here from gotennis ...nah ? ;)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I'm disappointed too...I'm disappointed that Venus is now injured and may have to miss Roland Garros. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Get well soon Queen...Wimbledon awaits you :hearts:

·
26,905 Posts
"REAL fans stick with their faves no matter what" - sorry, but I have a problem with that. Might be because I'm not a real fan. :rolleyes:

I don't have a contract with my faves that says I have to support them for the rest of my life. In fact they don't even have an idea that I exist. And I don't really know them in person either.
So when they start to suck badly, don't put in any effort anymore, change their game-style so it doesn't appeal to me, use drugs, shoplift, murder etc., I think I have the right to end my fanship in that case as I don't feel any obligation connected to being a fan.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
:worship:mad:GD....EXACTLY

JBONE u ARE an idiot

Diya.....i dont even try with you any more. ive exposed you for the $5 whore you are

*C-walks outta the thread*

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I fail to understand why these newbies think that an established board (like this) is going to be so enthralled by their opinions that they post a thread like this one. Delusions of self-importance? Truly baffling.

Wishing Venus a speedy recovery.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
earthcrystal said:
I fail to understand why these newbies think that an established board (like this) is going to be so enthralled by their opinions that they post a thread like this one. Delusions of self-importance? Truly baffling.

Wishing Venus a speedy recovery.
i second this post to the last full stop :worship: ;)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
wow great posts in the line of idiocy. I <3 my REAL and TRUE Williams fans.

if you don't like Venus because she's in a slump, sayonara sucker! Maybe you aren't meant to be her fan.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well, I'm not a fan of Venus but have to say that I know that you feel disappointed in Venus...but if you really like her a lot, you should be with her rather than saying that you hate her. Maybe she's just having bad days, you're not her you don't know.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
This is what annoys me about some fans they only stick with their favourite because theyre winning like Venus still has a great record this year reachingonly finals except Miami - Jennifers my fav and I like the way shes ranked number 6 sure she may not win everything but thats what makes it much more interesting :cool:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
HAIL-VENUS said:
Well then, my friend, you're NOT a TRUE Venus Williams fan. Take a good look around this place. Everybody here has a fav. But not everyone's fav is in the top 10, or 20, or maybe not in the top 100, but they still cheer for them. In tennis, players are gonna win, lose, be in the zone, and be in a slump. REAL fans stick with their favs no matter what, because they have faith and belief in them and they cheer that they will get in that zone and become unstoppable once again. Sometimes we're hard on our favs, especially when they've tasted glory and have somewhat fallen from grace so to speak. But we continue to believe and cheer and hail them as royalty whenever they take the court. It's all about believing in your favs ability and chances, and supporting them because you like what they bring to the game. It's not about how much they win or what they win, but being happy for them when they do, and supporting them when they don't. Disappointment is only human, hell, I've been disappointed in Venus's game plenty of times, and I've ranted and raved about it too. But I still love Venus, and I still love it when she takes the court. I refuse to give up on her. I love being her fan through thick and thin.
THANK YOU

Venus has reached the final in all but one tournament this year!

She probably would have won had she not been injured

and even if she lost, i'd still cheer for Venus

Shes Queen, no matter what

Shes GOING to lose. Shes not going to win all the time, thats what being a fan is about, cheering them on when they're winning and sticking with them when their losing

1 - 20 of 31 Posts