Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it's true. I can't wait for the Pacific Life Open. I have a feeling Monica will make a big impact here. I only hope Kim is OK to play.

I must be getting spoiled, because this week is already boring the hell out of me. Monica has played every week this season except one, and I had Kim make the Sydney Final that week.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,316 Posts
If Monica doesn't make it to the final, wouldn't it be sort of a disappointment? Considering Jennifer, Lindsay, Venus and Serena aren't competing and Kim is injured, who else is there to contest Monica besides Martina. Monica will do just fine. Maybe Justine and Amelie will step it up.

Good luck to Monica anyway. Hopefully Alex and Anna will get a great draw and do well.

·
Premium Member
27,121 Posts
I want Monica to win here.

I don't doubt she can do it.

Of course, it would help if she could get a favourable draw - like not in Martina / Amelie's halves please :).

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Amélie isn't playing IW or Key Biscayne AFAIK. She's stated in the past she believes that playing too much on DecoTurf is really bad for her body. Considering how all the other "Power Girls" who generally prefer hardcourts are dropping like flies (Venus, Serena, Davenport, Clijsters for starters), she's got a good point.

Of course, I probably shouldn't be getting into a thread on how more clay/grass would be better for the Tour....

--Ted

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
disposablehero said:
Yes, it's true. I can't wait for the Pacific Life Open. I have a feeling Monica will make a big impact here. I only hope Kim is OK to play.

I must be getting spoiled, because this week is already boring the hell out of me. Monica has played every week this season except one, and I had Kim make the Sydney Final that week.

Poor Meaghan, even when she makes the final she gets no credit :p :p

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops. Oh well, Kim deserves that one after 3 days worth of sheep bleating about the "Real French Open Final" between Jen and Martina.

·
3,639 Posts
Who else? JUSTINE HENIN, the #6 in the world! If you don't think Justine is a threat for Monica, then I guarantee you'll be very surprised :rolleyes: :angel:

·
3,196 Posts
I got a little uneasy coming into this thread...the PLO also means the Palestinian Liberation Order, and myself being a Jew got rather offended.

But, back to the topic...

It'll be a good tournament...wide open for probably a Belgian/Hingis/Seles final.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts