Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
I have found a plugin for this, but if there's a demand for this function, I can bring it up to the other mods and admins and see if we can get it approved.

Ed

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to confirm my understanding. As a result of this change, If I have a user on my ignore list, I shall see neither their posts nor the threads they've opened, correct?

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
The plugin is for users to manually ignore the threads.
Correct me if I'm wrong, if a user is in your ignore list, you shouldn't be able to see what they've posted?

Ed

·
Admin
65,553 Posts
If you have a user on your ignore list, then you are still able to see threads they've opened, you are just not able to see their posts in this thread anymore.
So it's not enough to ignore a user, if you don't want to see the threads anymore as well, you have to ignore the thread as well by clicking on > thread tools > ignore this thread and after that the thread is not visible for you anymore (but sure that means that you will have to open the thread at least for once to be able to ignore it)

Not sure if it would be possible to have the option to ignore all threads from specific users automatically (if that is what some posters want)

If you want to stop to ignore a thread you have to go to your user cp > settings & options > Ignored Threads > stop ignoring this thread

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
If you have a user on your ignore list, then you are still able to see threads they've opened, you are just not able to see their posts in this thread anymore.
So it's not enough to ignore a user, if you don't want to see the threads anymore as well, you have to ignore the thread as well by clicking on > thread tools > ignore this thread and after that the thread is not visible for you anymore (but sure that means that you will have to open the thread at least for once to be able to ignore it)

Not sure if it would be possible to have the option to ignore all threads from specific users automatically (if that is what some posters want)

If you want to stop to ignore a thread you have to go to your user cp > settings & options > Ignored Threads > stop ignoring this thread
Yes, please if that's possible.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
So I can ignore Game threads like Suicide, PWN or whatever they are called using the plugin, but I can still see that user's other posts I am interested in?

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
Yup this was solely for just the thread.
The techs have implemented another plugin on the site now.
If you ignore a user, you shouldn't be able to see their threads now.

Let me know if this works,

Ed

·
Admin
65,553 Posts
Yup this was solely for just the thread.
The techs have implemented another plugin on the site now.
If you ignore a user, you shouldn't be able to see their threads now.

Let me know if this works,

Ed
yes, it's working, threads from ignored users disappear now as well!
Exception is when the thread appears on the mainpage (forumindex), then you still have access to it, if you click on the link from there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts