Tennis Forum banner
561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Interesting but not sure if it's the best timing cause it could potentially mess up with her off-season preparation.
Yes it will be interesting to see where they travel to in December.
I don't think it is good to go straight from mid winter, freezing Poland to hot Australian mid summer.
The Johannesburg exhibition on 18-19th would be quite lucrative I guess, without too much competetive stress, with only 2000 premium hospitality tickets available and only open to vaccinated.
The event aims to not only promote tennis in South Africa but will be used as a vehicle in the fight against Gender-Based Violence.
The events will be open to vaccinated people only. All Covid-19 event protocols will be strictly observed and adhered to, ensuring the safety of all attendees and participants. There will only be 2000 premium hospitality tickets available per day for purchase, complying with the maximum number of people allowed for outdoor events.
There will also be the Mubadala exhibition from 16-18 December 2021 at Abu Dhabi, with Nadal, Raducanu, Thiem, Rublev, Shapo, Ruud and Bencic.
So it seems quite a popular option in general for players.
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Rectangle

Font Terrestrial plant Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting but not sure if it's the best timing cause it could potentially mess up with her off-season preparation.

Like you said: maybe she plans to move to Australia straight after that? This could be a good idea IMO.
I was wondering how long it would take Iga to get bored of being at home and and to start wanting to burn off her excess energy. Looks like 4 weeks is long enough doing nothing!

I wonder how many of her team will go with her? Maybe just her dad, or even her whole family (it is a lot warmer in SA then Poland in December , and she can afford to treat them:) ) and then her technical team will join her in Australia.

On a separate topic, my 5 wishes for Iga for 2022 are:

Stay healthy, no injuries
Top 5 at year end
F at RG. Getting to the final will start cementing her as 'the' clay player of this generation and also start building an aura.
QF at one other slam
Her personality does not change.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

Top 5 at year end
F at RG. Getting to the final will start cementing her as 'the' clay player of this generation and also start building an aura.
QF at one other slam
Good list. Here are my TOP5 wishes for Iga in 2022:
1) no injuries, health’s always most important
2) win RG
3) SF in other slam (or winning a masters off clay)
4) TOP4 YE rank, would give her a slightly better seeding in slams compared to TOP5
5) be happy and mentally at piece with herself

·
Registered
416 Posts
On another note, does anyone know the name of a girl Iga was practicing with before last AO?
Before going to Australia she spent some time practicing in a some small club in northern Poland hitting with some promising young girl.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
On another note, does anyone know the name of a girl Iga was practicing with before last AO?
Before going to Australia she spent some time practicing in a some small club in northern Poland hitting with some promising young girl.
I think it was Weronika Ewald.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think it was Weronika Ewald.
Yes, it was Weronika Ewald. Iga trained in the tennis center in Tczew, which belongs to Ewald's parents, by the way she seems to be a promising junior, we will see what her career will look like.

·
Registered
11,059 Posts
Yes, it was Weronika Ewald. Iga trained in the tennis center in Tczew, which belongs to Ewald's parents, by the way she seems to be a promising junior, we will see what her career will look like.
She's only 15, and has just come back from a long injury break. This week she is storming through a J4 in Pszczyna in Poland, and will play the top seed in the semi-final today. This is only her seventh ITF tournament, and she already has one title (J4 Sobota last year) and two other finals, plus a J3 doubles final in Istanbul.

I've only seen her play once, and she really impressed me with how smoothly she did everything. Hopefully that will continue, and she can join Iga in the senior ranks in due course.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was wondering how long it would take Iga to get bored of being at home and and to start wanting to burn off her excess energy. Looks like 4 weeks is long enough doing nothing!

I wonder how many of her team will go with her? Maybe just her dad, or even her whole family (it is a lot warmer in SA then Poland in December , and she can afford to treat them:) ) and then her technical team will join her in Australia.

Top 5 at year end
QF at one other slam
Very nice wishes, I would only add that I would like that Iga did not cry on the court, instead, she clenched her teeth and fought to the last ball.

561 - 580 of 612 Posts