Tennis Forum banner

Iga's 2021 - May the Grass be Greener

20K views 317 replies 40 participants last post by  posthuman 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright, Clay Season unfortunately ended in a very sad note, and feeling like a tragedy. But objectively, it was not that awful (even though it felt awful). She won Roma, and for most players, QF at RG is really not a disaster.

But enough of that. It's time to move on to pastures new (pun inteded), and the best part of the season starts now. This time Iga won't have a lot of expectations, and will be able to play more freely with less stress. What are your expectations and hopes?

I think given the lack of elite in form grass players (Kerber is old, so are PIronkova, Venus and Serena, Ostapenko is unreliable, Barty is still a question mark at slams, Muchova is always injured, etc etc), with a good draw she can have a decent result. It really only depends on the draw, so I won't make predictions until I see it.

Probable Schedule

Eastbourne
Wimbledon

#205 ·

"Sierzputowskiego nie ma ze Świątek w Londynie. Z ważnych przyczyn osobistych został w kraju. Nie było go z zawodniczką również na niedawnym turnieju w Eastbourne. "

So that is why he wasn't around. It seems that due to some important personal reasons Sierzputowski had to stay in Poland for Eastbourne and Wimbledon.

#209 ·
Who's with Iga in London right now?

#217 ·
I switch on desktop view on my mobile and popups were easier to remove :p
Judging Iga's chances here - 4R against Muguruza would be a great lesson on grass. But even if she managed somehow to win that one - winning back to back on grass against Muguruza and Sabalenka is not very likely this year. :p So my expectations:

Real - 4R vs Muguruza
Dream - winning a match against Muguruza and putting some good fight against Sabalenka in QF

#221 ·
So it's Zvonareva in R2.

Your thoughts, Iga fans?

#223 ·
Could be a tough one.
Zvonareva was competetive against Kasatkina 5-7, 2-2 RET at Eastbourne grass R1, after easily winning Q1 & Q2 qualifying.
Then Kasatkina beats Iga in R2.
And she just beat Bouzkova who beat Hseih at Birmingham grass R1 and then reached QF.
Zvonereva is showing better form overall this year than Hseih.

I believe Iga can win comfortably though if she plays well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.