Tennis Forum banner
3801 - 3816 of 3816 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can somebody explain me what Iga is doing?
I think it is a wire loop game
"A wire loop game is a game which involves guiding a metal loop (a 'probe') along a serpentine length of wire without touching the loop to the wire"

They got a few players to try it, like a game show.
I saw the photo was captioned "@iga_swiatek trying her hand with A Minute to Win It"
"Minute to Win It is an international game show franchise where contestants take part in a series of 60-second challenges that use objects that are commonly available around the house."

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it is a wire loop game
"A wire loop game is a game which involves guiding a metal loop (a 'probe') along a serpentine length of wire without touching the loop to the wire"

They got a few players to try it, like a game show.
I saw the photo was captioned "@iga_swiatek trying her hand with A Minute to Win It"
"Minute to Win It is an international game show franchise where contestants take part in a series of 60-second challenges that use objects that are commonly available around the house."
Many thanks!

·
exhale only love
4,382 Posts
More or less expected, Iga carries the Olympic form into the first US tournament and loses in straights in Cincinnati 2R against red-hot Jabeur, one break for each set.

Of course hard courts set some limitations for Iga's game, but don't you think that at least her serve could be miles better?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
More or less expected, Iga carries the Olympic form into the first US tournament and loses in straights in Cincinnati 2R against red-hot Jabeur, one break for each set.

Of course hard courts set some limitations for Iga's game, but don't you think that at least her serve could be miles better?
Two breaks for the first set actually.

·
Registered
340 Posts

That red-hot Jabeur turned into blue-cold the very next match.
Konjuh, Sakkari, Jabeur, Badosa, Jabeur.
See a pattern?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Let's note that Elina has nothing to do with this mockery. She just arranges, through her Insta, a sort of contest for her fans, with a USO towel as the prize; nothing about Iga is in her post.

Weepiness on court will not win Iga tennis fans' respect nor liking; the sooner she gets it the better. She'll have to work on it later on. For the time being let's keep our fingers crossed for her, regardless all the intricacies of her behaviour during the matches. Her form seems to rise, and that's the most important news right now.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Let's note that Elina has nothing to do with this mockery. She just arranges a sort of contest for her fans, with a USO towel as the prize; nothing about Iga is in her post. It's some Reddit bloke who used it to ridicule our girl.

Weepiness on court will not win Iga tennis fans' respect nor liking; the sooner she gets it the better. She'll have to work on it later on. For the time being let's keep our fingers crossed for her, regardless all the intricacies of her behaviour during the matches. Her form seems to rise, and that's the most important news right now.:)
What? Iga asked Elina in the comment if she can win one, thus we see this post on reddit.

·
Registered
629 Posts
What? Iga asked Elina in the comment if she can win one, thus we see this post on reddit.
Well, I overlooked that alleged Iga's request at first. Would be a self-mockery then? But is it genuine? Got no patience to verify it, I admit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Classy fashion today, it will be interesting to see the photo results.
View attachment 198627
As we say in the UK, Iga really scrubs up well. Her secret is that she has gorgeous, flawless, skin, so only needs minimal make-up.

I think it was amusing when she was interviewed by Hantuchova during RG and Daniella asked her about her interest in fashion. It was obvious that Daniella is really interested in fashion and Iga...really isn't. Iga gave the answer that she thought Daniella wanted, but at heart Iga just wants to play sport, construct models, and wear a tracksuit and tennis shoes!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Daniella is really interested in fashion and Iga...really isn't.
No, probably not that interested in the fashion industry, like most of us.
She said "I don't do as much as I should" with regard beauty styling.
But I think she likes to get dressed and made up nicely and go out occasionally.
Joint Shoulder Arm Leg Neck

3801 - 3816 of 3816 Posts