Coach says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were Marina Erakovic's coach, what advice would you give her for her match tomorrow against the top seed Vera Zvonareva

1. "Stay Mentally Focused, do not act like a cry baby (leave that title for Bepa)"
2. "Hit the ball as deep as you can during ralleys, even if it means causing the odd unforced error"
3. "You serve is great but time to take it up a bit. Take more risks on the first serve, aim for more aces"
4. "You did great today keeping the double faults down, but you didn't win a large amount of your 2nd serve points. Take more risks on the second serve"
5. "Your serves great, your volleys are stunning! Try more Serve and Volleys"
6. "Own the net"
7. "Vera isn't the best player at the net, time to bring her forward with more dropshots"
8. "The weather looks good tomorrow...pray for rain"
9. "You are now forbidden to wear those shorts! Tyra Banks couldn't look hot in those!"
10. "[please specify]"

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Don't show up for your next match, it will leave you emotionally shaken.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
I would tell her to look back at all the great achievements of other New Zealand women on the WTA tour for inspiration :lol:

jokes. don't get mad at me. i'm happy for Erakovic that she's put in a good show in her home tournament.

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would tell her to look back at all the great achievements of other New Zealand women on the WTA tour for inspiration :lol:

jokes. don't get mad at me. i'm happy for Erakovic that she's put in a good show in her home tournament.
We have had a top 20 player before who reached the semi's of the Australian Open :p

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
Just stay mentally focused on winning every point you can. Don't allow thoughts of the loss of one point to lead to the loss of another point. Enjoy the match. Compete hard and don't put pressure on yourself. Remember you are not expected to win but you are playing well and this is a good opportunity to demostrate that to everyone. Win or lose, the goal of this match is to show you can compete with top 20 standard players.

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
She hasn't been in enough main draws for me to know her game sufficiently to comment on it.

The first two points are both givens. If she's just been rolling her first serve in, then she should go for it a bit more, but nothing too drastic. Main thing is to stay strong and expect anything, she needs to be willing to accept a win, or a rough defeat.

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She hasn't been in enough main draws for me to know her game sufficiently to comment on it.

The first two points are both givens. If she's just been rolling her first serve in, then she should go for it a bit more, but nothing too drastic. Main thing is to stay strong and expect anything, she needs to be willing to accept a win, or a rough defeat.
Her first serve hasn't exactly been 'just rolling in' (she probably had a 190kph serve somewhere in there, the rest would be high 170's).

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Привет;13104824 said:
If you were Marina Erakovic's coach, what advice would you give her?

To find a better coach than me. :rolls:
Like Brenda Perry :rocker2:

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The day after this thread Marina beat Vera Zvonareva in front of her home crowd :hearts:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts