• Vaidisova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 10.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
It would depend on how Hingis plays on clay - she is a contender, but it would help her to win some titles beforehand.

Dementieva has been there before, but her form is like a see-saw at the moment.

Maybe Pierce? She will be seeded high, and with a good draw and the crowd support, she could do it!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Three Optios:

1.Gisela Dulko
2.Sofia Arvidsson
3. Elena Dementieva

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,720 Posts
Hopefully Martina or Mary :D

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Lena Dementieva :)

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Out of that list probably Dementieva would have the best chance. Who knows, maybe Petrova could pull off a huge upset or two!

·
Sports Freak
12,071 Posts
Sania has not won a match in clay..If she could pull-it of, it could be the shocker of the millenium..LOL!!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Surprising how many votes Martina Hingis has gotten. There's obviously a bit of sympathy there with people wanting to see her come back and win where she hasn't yet. I do think if she keeps playing the way she has, she certainly has a really good chance. I'm looking forward to seeing her play at Indian Wells in a couple of weeks just to see for myself where she is at with her game, and then watch what she does during the clay court season leading up to Roland Garros. There's going to be a lot of pressure on her leading up to Paris, probably a different kind of pressure than she's ever experienced before.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kirilenko could be a surprise and she has perofrmed well in Paris before, almost beating Serena Williams....she's a much better player now with growing confidence....1/4 final run perhaps?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Schnyder or Hingis.JHH, and Mauresmo have to be huge favourites though.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Clearly, the only possible answer to this question is the Golden Goddess. I suppose some of you of limited intellect and moral character will want some sort of quaint "proof" of my argument on Lena D's inevitable triumph but that is more a reflection of your own insecurities and weaknesses than hers. Or mine.

I fearlessly predict a stroke-for-stroke rematch of the Tokyo final, with Lena D. again pounding the loathsome Hingis into a puddle of malodorous goo.

Never mind that my repeated promises of crushing victories by Lena D. have never been fulfilled in the past. Never mind that she is a headcase who DF's more often than I've written overly fulsome praise of her sublime greatness. And forget the fact that I am irrationally biased. Just take my word for it. In fact, don't even bother to play the tournament. Just give Lena D. the trophy so we can all relax and focus on the World Cup (which Russia would have qualified for if they'd only thought to have Lena D. on their team, never mind that she's a tennis player, and a woman, and from all reports a dreadful football player).

And hey, if you don't believe me when I say Lena D. is the best, then just ask Mommy Vera.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Dementieva :rocker2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts