Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They will play their 7th straight Grand Slam final, a record only achieved in the Open Era by Navratilova/Shriver (who actually reached a record of 11 straight final appearances :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Right now the latin duo is tied with Gigi & Natasha with 6...talk about regularity ;)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Wow! That's pretty impressive! Best of luck to them. They have a good draw, let's hope they can capitalise on it.

·
Registered
34,055 Posts
They will reach it for sure, and this time winning it :bounce:
Vamos chicas, maybe if they do well and win wta championship they can be number 1 again :bounce:

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vivi & Paola defeated Black & Likhovtseva 6/2 7/6 to reach their 7th straight GS final :worship: :worship: :worship:

They will play Navratilova & Kuznetsova for the title :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship: Best of luck to them for the final today.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Kuilli said:
Get the title!!! :D Good luck! :) Don't worry Caz, they got the winning outfits on. ;)
:wavey: Are they televising it in the US? Are you recording it for Charo and I?! *Pretty please*! ;-) When you say winning outfits, please tell me you don't mean the horrible red/orange thing?!? Still, if they winn the title in it, I might not hate that outfit quite so much! ;)

·
stubborn procrastinator
123,707 Posts
Yeah, it's on tv. :p Of course I mean those outfits, and in addition to that you'll get the lovely Tracy Austin's commentarty (can she ever shut up?). ;) Unelss the tape messes up, you'll have it in few days. :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thanks!! :worship: You are a star!! I can't wait to see them both in the horrible outfits, (I didn't know Paola had started wearing it too - maybe it's contagious?!?), in all their glory! :p I know Charo will be grateful too as I had an e:mail waiting for me from her when I got back from Bea's asking me to record the dubs final for her if it were shown here! :D

·
stubborn procrastinator
123,707 Posts
They defended the title!!! Great win!!! Congrats!!! :D :D

No problem, Caz! :) If I wake up early enough and have time before going to work on Monday, I'll send it out, so you'll have it on Thursday-Friday. I do suggest the 'Mute' button though. ;)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Thanks! :) Oh, I've learnt the benefits of the mute button whilst watching tennis! :p

Great win for Vivi & Paola!! I'm so happy they finally managed to win one of the Grand Slam finals they have made this year! :D

·
stubborn procrastinator
123,707 Posts
They were so happy after the last point!! :D And, we even got to see the award ceremony, it was Vivi's turn to speak I guess. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.