Tennis Forum banner

Venus or Serena?

  • Serena in 2

    Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Serena in 3

    Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Venus in 2

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Venus in 3

    Votes: 20 23.8%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And they played eachother, who do you think would win? I think it would be Venus in straight sets. When Venus is playing her best (2000, 2001) She has a better serve and a better all court game than Serena.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,654 Posts
Serena.....the form Serena displayed during her '02-'03 run has been matched by only a select few in history....when Serena has everything clicking, then Venus really can't beat her.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SJW said:
they'd both lose.

:lol: yes...I should have made that a poll option.

Bandabou- I think it would depend on the surface. If it was clay or Rebound Ace, Serena would most likely win but on faster surfaces I would definitely give the edge to Venus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,018 Posts
since we've never seen them both at their best, it's impossible to say. you'd think it'd be a tight three setter. However, all the answers in this thread will either be Serena (by the Serena fans, as we have one already ;) ) and Venus by the Venus fans.

If they always played at the best of their ability, I would say each match would be a tight three setter, and their H2H would be even, because they are so close in everything ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
I'd say Serena in 3 sets. They're both great at their best, no doubt about it, but I think Serena has the mental edge that would get her the win. Lets just say that of the two, she hates losing more. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,654 Posts
Exactly....they're pretty much even, but Serena hates losing more...tennisIlove, if Venus was the better one at her best, I'd say so....but can we really say that's true?

Venus has the egde on faster surfaces? Mind to explain that one?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tennisIlove09 said:
since we've never seen them both at their best, it's impossible to say. you'd think it'd be a tight three setter. However, all the answers in this thread will either be Serena (by the Serena fans, as we have one already ;) ) and Venus by the Venus fans.

If they always played at the best of their ability, I would say each match would be a tight three setter, and their H2H would be even, because they are so close in everything ;)

Althought it's true that both fanbases will vote for who they support more, I would still like to see the reasoning behind their thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Teemu said:
I'd say Serena in 3 sets. They're both great at their best, no doubt about it, but I think Serena has the mental edge that would get her the win. Lets just say that of the two, she hates losing more. :)
Agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,702 Posts
I voted for Venus. At the very top of her game, NO ONE can beat her :).
 

·
Veelieve!!!
Joined
·
32,924 Posts
JenFan75 said:
And they played eachother, who do you think would win? I think it would be Venus in straight sets. When Venus is playing her best (2000, 2001) She has a better serve and a better all court game than Serena.
so many times you've posted how tired you are of them, yet here you are with this thread. Too funny!!! :haha: :rolls:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,702 Posts
Infiniti2001 said:
so many times you've posted how tired you are of them, yet here you are with this thread. Too funny!!! :haha: :rolls:
Obsession! :haha:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
JenFan75 said:
And they played eachother, who do you think would win? I think it would be Venus in straight sets. When Venus is playing her best (2000, 2001) She has a better serve and a better all court game than Serena.
Are you sure you are not a "closeted" fan? It is odd that you have such great interest? :confused:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,017 Posts
Lemme see...if they were both at their peak and played at each GS, this is how i would predict the outcome:

Aussie Open- Serena plays well here, fights hard and guts out wins. She'd win

French Open- Serena also uses angles and her variety well on the clay. Serena would win here too.

Wimbledon- Venus "The Queen" would prevail here.

USO- This is Serena's house. Serena wins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,442 Posts
I would say Serena in 3. She was dominate on all surfaces and able to win 4 slams in a row. Venus at her best was never able to win all the slams. Only Wimbledon and the US Open. Also when they are both not at their best Serena has had the better results by far.
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top