Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year we've had five events at the 'Premier' level or higher. Sydney, OZ, Paris, Dubai and IW. However, the payouts are vastly different.

OZ - It's a slam, They pay some ridicuouls amount.
IW - 4.5 million
Dubai - 2.5 million
Paris - $700,000
Sydney - $600,000

So I'm going to use the prize money t differentiate. From now on, Sydney is a 'Premier 0.6', while IW is a 'Premier 4.5' Which brings us to Miami. And the winners of the three biggest tournament of this year are all on the same side of the draw.

·
Registered
29,883 Posts
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Again, again and again the same problem for Williams fans. Stop creating this boring threads, wrote a letter to Venus and she will play more and she won't be in the same half as Serena.

IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
OMG ... another thread of Volcana :scared:

Reactions: schorsch

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Gotta keep 'em comin'. The lives of people like you would be empty without my threads to answer.
more like the lives of people like you would be empty without the chance to start new and pointless threads which no one really can be bothered to answer they've been done so many times before :p

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
Gotta keep 'em comin'. The lives of people like you would be empty without my threads to answer.
You are so right :awww:

I am a psychotherapist looking every single day for internet-morons who are posting just crap

Reactions: Matt01

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't answer my theads, and it doesn't matter if I post or not. As long as people keep responding, I have no incentive to stop. Just the opposite, in fact.

·
Registered
24,259 Posts
Don't answer my theads, and it doesn't matter if I post or not. As long as people keep responding, I have no incentive to stop. Just the opposite, in fact.
You'd do this even if the general concensus is that you're an idiot or attention whore?

How old are you?

There's something missing.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'd do this even if the general concensus is that you're an idiot or attention whore?
The entire forum concept is that anybody can post, as long as they stay within the guidelines. The 'general concensus' has the ultimate power on how to handle my threads. Don't answer. If I make the board unusable by posting lage numbers of threads that nobody ever answers, the 'general concensus' can request that the mods remove my access.

My name IS on the threads. You don't have to click the link. You don't have to read the threads. You don't have to answer. But I'm certainly not going to change what I post, or how often, just because of mindless negative response, or the opinion of a couple people I've never even met.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, they should be seeded according to their race ranking, that would be such a good idea, especially at AO.:rolleyes:
I'm not sure what they should do. But are Dubai and Sydney really both the same level event? They are both called 'Premier', but one has four times the prize money. The reasoning behind the new system seems opaque.

·
Banned
10,668 Posts
If it means anything to you Volcana, I enjoy your threads very much. Most have a good meaning behind them and I completely agree with you on this one: Elena Dementieva should have won the same amount of money as Amelie Mauresmo. Her run was better. :fiery:

Kidding aside, it doesn't make much sense to me either. But the Premiers are different from the Premier 5, right? So I guess that's one difference between say Sydney and Dubai...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Stop bitching about the draw tough luck because it is never rigged. In Big tournaments like this the seeds 3-32 are hand picked while the rest in computer drawn. In Small tournaments its all hand drawn except for the top 2 seeds

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stop bitching about the draw tough luck because it is never rigged. In Big tournaments like this the seeds 3-32 are hand picked while the rest in computer drawn. In Small tournaments its all hand drawn except for the top 2 seeds
I'm not complaining about it. I wanted to discuss. (Considered by some a pretty ordinary pre-tournament activity for fans.) And, while the upper half seemed stronger to me when I started the thread, now I'm not so sure. Based on recent play, Venus-Serena-Zvonareva-Jankovic is stronger than Safina-Dementieva-Kuznetsova-Ivanovic.

But then I looked closer at the 'secondary' parts of the draw.

Upper half: Petrova-Radwanska-Cornet-Cibulkova
Lower half: Azarenka-Bartoli-Wozniacki-Pennatta-Mauresmo

The lower half is stonger there. Azarenka, Bartoli and Mauresmo have all won tournaments this year, and all have at least one win over a top ten player.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
This year we've had five events at the 'Premier' level or higher. Sydney, OZ, Paris, Dubai and IW. However, the payouts are vastly different.

OZ - It's a slam, They pay some ridicuouls amount.
IW - 4.5 million
Dubai - 2.5 million
Paris - $700,000
Sydney - $600,000

So I'm going to use the prize money t differentiate. From now on, Sydney is a 'Premier 0.6', while IW is a 'Premier 4.5' Which brings us to Miami. And the winners of the three biggest tournament of this year are all on the same side of the draw.
Well, yes, obviously it is unbalanced. But what's the solution, a seeding system based on the Race? Won't work.

Anyway, you often get these unbalanced draws in grand slams anyway, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts