Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If she loses the French Open then... what a flop! She has already lost a couple of matches this year... Was her dominance last year a fluke???

Perhaps she should have retired after the Australian Open and gone out on a huge high.

:)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
DiVaMoNiCaSeLeS said:
If she loses the French Open then... what a flop! She has already lost a couple of matches this year... Was her dominance last year a fluke???

Perhaps she should have retired after the Australian Open and gone out on a huge high.

:)
LOL! Yes, she should call it a day if she doesn't win 5 straight GS's. ;)

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
stupid question

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Diva, you're crazy. :p ;)

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
No, because she's not 30 this year, has won a grandslam since January 1996, will still be in the top 15 (no.1, in fact) and has dominated the game like no other since Hingis, Graf before her...and Seles before that.

Most importantly, she doesn't have long-term injuries preventing her from keeping up with the top 5...or even the top 10.

As long as Seles plays, I'll support her and hope for the best. Unlike players like Lucic, Seles deserves support.

But if she decides to retire after the French...or at any time this year, I'll certainly understand her decision.

Whether she retires or not, nothing can change her past :)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Retire Serena, return your award of the best athlete and donate all prize money received to charity

PS. And don't listen to me ;)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
yes, of course, that would be the logical thing to do.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
She should have retired after Juju beat her at Charleston. Obviously, she doesn't care for tennis anymore because she lost that match, and after she lost to Amelie, I KNEW that last year was a fluke, Serena just got lucky.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
girl, I know... I'm dyin' over here! thanks for the laugh! :kiss:

I mean the av shoulda been a dead giveaway. to everybody taking this thread seriously,
. thx 4 playin! :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
apoet29 said:
Definitely. In fact any time Serena loses a match, the WTA should fine her for not playing to her potential! ;)
LOL

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
DiVaMoNiCaSeLeS said:
My pleasure haha Where's SJW? I made this topic with her in my mind...
I think she's asleep... she is in England... that bugger! :p

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
DiVaMoNiCaSeLeS said:
Well I am too at the moment and I'm awake! But then I don't have to wake up until 1pm haha
ROFL! I didn't know that. I think she has school or something equally wack. *points and laughs at her*

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cariosity said:
ROFL! I didn't know that. I think she has school or something equally wack. *points and laughs at her*
I have dual nationality. I'll be back *home* in WPB for the summer though. :bounce:

I think some UK schools have time off next week... maybe she'll cyber with you if she goes to one of them haha

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
DiVaMoNiCaSeLeS said:
I have dual nationality. I'll be back *home* in WPB for the summer though. :bounce:

I think some UK schools have time off next week... maybe she'll cyber with you if she goes to one of them haha
ooh, let's hope so... :eek:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts