Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why dont they win the trophy? I mean if you beat yourself then that means you won right?:rolleyes:

Sorry but it takes two to make a match. Even if every point you make an unforced error well too bad. You lost. You got beat. Why? Because the other player didn't make any mistakes or made less mistakes.

Bottom line is their play was better and thus their better play beat your lousy play.

Venus will wake up and smell the coffee and get her fire back or she will languish along thinking all is fine. its not fine. GO GET SOME CONFIDENCE! How? FOCUS ON YOUR TENNIS not your fashion empire/italian boytoy/interior decorating mogul ways.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
why dont they win the trophy? I mean if you beat yourself then that means you won right?:rolleyes:

Sorry but it takes two to make a match. Even if every point you make an unforced error well too bad. You lost. You got beat. Why? Because the other player didn't make any mistakes or made less mistakes.

Bottom line is their play was better and thus their better play beat your lousy play.

Venus will wake up and smell the coffee and get her fire back or she will languish along thinking all is fine. its not fine. GO GET SOME CONFIDENCE! How? FOCUS ON YOUR TENNIS not your fashion empire/italian boytoy/interior decorating mogul ways.

Lindsay came out with a game plan, and that plan worked for the most part. Venus had an unlucky day yesterday, but you're way off base on everything else. You need to check yourself!! All Venus needs to do is stay healthy and regain her championship form. Everthing else will fall into place. She will avenge this loss really soon. I love Lindsay still, so either way I still won!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
i would feel a lot better about Venus's chances if she would say, "OK, i'm really playing bad right now, i need to fix some stuff in my game" than, "everything's coming along just fine, my shots are all going to go in come the Olympics and USOpen." At least Serena has admitted that she is playing like crap. Venus on the other hand is in a state of denial.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
...maybe it really *wasn't* the actual player! The *real* player didn't show up - perhaps they were at the ESPY's - and had an actor play their part! This can be the only explaination; I've seen it posted trillions of time right here on this board! "The *REAL* (fill in blank) was a no show today..."

I wonder if those actors get paid scale, or what?

:wavey:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:

AWWWWLLLLLL shut UP!!!

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:

That part of the post was spot on. Im not sure about the other parts though.:)

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Berlin_Calling

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
faste5683 said:
...maybe it really *wasn't* the actual player! The *real* player didn't show up - perhaps they were at the ESPY's - and had an actor play their part! This can be the only explaination; I've seen it posted trillions of time right here on this board! "The *REAL* (fill in blank) was a no show today..."

:haha:
or maybe the REAL player is on the court invisible and he is the one who is beating the FAKE visible player

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
Wow, the irony of it... I recall Martina Nav getting blasted from bent outta shape Willi fans for saying pretty much the exact same thing... Good to see you 'be real' about discussing Vee Cybell!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It's true. not making errors, and turning up ready to play your best are part of the essentials of the sport.

If you don't do that, then you are responsible for any loss.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
faste5683 said:

GM quote of the day!!!!! :lol:

:worship:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts