Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering... can u guys help with the calculation?!?!

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
it depends on when kim loses
unless kim goes out early, i think she wont make it

i think the more interesting point is, if kim wins beating serena on the way at RG, she'd only be about 500 points away from no. 1, maybe even less if she wins rome.

that's with practically nothing at wimbledon and hardly anything at USO

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
hmm....not impossible but not likely...basically if she wins she'll be ahead of Venus (unless Venus defends her finalist points and picks up more quality points then she did last year, which probably won't happen, if Justine wins...) She won't be ahead of Kim though, unless Kim goes out before the 4th round....but she'll be really close to Kim unless Kim has a SF or F result...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
mmm...nevermind, even if Kim goes out early Justine won't pass her because of her added points at Rome for making final (or winning)

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( too bad, and justine did well last year in Wimbledon also. but #3 is good enough for me. go J!!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
easy said:
i think the more interesting point is, if kim wins beating serena on the way at RG, she'd only be about 500 points away from no. 1, maybe even less if she wins rome.
If Kim wins Roland Garros without beating Serena on the way, she closes the gap more. Beating Serena on the way requires Serena making the Final.

·
Banned
368 Posts
disposablehero said:
If Kim wins Roland Garros without beating Serena on the way, she closes the gap more. Beating Serena on the way requires Serena making the Final.
that's correct, if Serena loses 1R,
then her points will become 5759,
if Kim wins Rome, she'll about 1000 points
away from Serena........
if she beats highest ranked players on her way,
then she probably will....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts