Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think she is going to be ready for US Open. Maybe Oz Open? If that's not in her plan, then maybe we've to wait longer. Which one do you think she should start from considering how long she is going to take to get back to where she was as a top 12.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are some high tier events, does she really want to lose the opening round?

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
If she can't manage a decent run-up to the US Open, I think she should go to the far- east and play Shanghai, Tokyo etc. The draws will be softer and the surface more to her preference than those in the European indoor events

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
if she can't play the us open, she should just try to play some good indoor tournaments (like 2) and then train really hard during the offseason.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is not playing US Open. She'll probably not go to Europe. So that leaves down under.
For Monica fans, she'll probably not be coming back for some time.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
CJK said:
She is not playing US Open. She'll probably not go to Europe. So that leaves down under.
For Monica fans, she'll probably not be coming back for some time.
where did you get your information? last i checked, she hadn't even ruled out new haven, let alone the us open or the euro indoors...

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, she didnt rule out French Open and Wimbledon too. But we'll see, I hope to see her back soon, maybe Montreal will give her a WC!?:eek::), but we'll see:).

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear you Sharky:). I hope she comes too;).

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I think she should concentrate on 2005

play a few small indoor tourneys to get some matchup
maybe Tokyo, Seoul, and then Luzxembourgh

then train hard, keep her body healthy, and play Gold Coast and then concetrate on Australian Open.

·
Banned
261 Posts
Canadian Open where she made a great come back from the dark days in 95.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
Kart said:
Hello is she not playing Pilot Pen ?
i thought they had a wildcard ready for her and everything too... shes not on the commitment list, but that really doesn't mean anything since it's still weeks away.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
i thought they had a wildcard ready for her and everything too... shes not on the commitment list, but that really doesn't mean anything since it's still weeks away.
I hear you.
Yes, she could very well still take that wild card and be playing in a few weeks. Maybe not, but she just might.

Reactions: galadriel

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New Haven? dont think that's a good idea though. But still, seeing her play is always great. I do hope to see her get a WC. Hope she is completely back.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
After USO. This is purely to get rid of the rust. Those few remaining months should be enough for her to get to an average level until the off-season, and then practice more during that break.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts