Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to kill someone :fiery:
They took the extra effort to mobilize the digital camera on court 7 to show Blake (yup, that's right, court 7 doesn't even have a real camera) and they will probably end up showing rodDICK istead of the most interesting women's first round match.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
croat123 said:
They took the extra effort to mobilize the digital camera on court 7 to show Blake (yup, that's right, court 7 doesn't even have a real camera) and they will probably end up showing rodDICK istead of the most interesting women's first round match.
You better get your weapons ready, ;) they will definitely not show Seles when Roddick is playing, they will also probably show Jennifer and Venus also.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
oh i'm sure that they'll show Roddick's match. but they shouyld switch back and forth between the 2. they might be on at the same time, but they might not. i would wanna see both matches, so i hope they can switch between the two

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
Hmm knowing them we will see all of Roddick's match. A few points of Monica's match, probably just the closing of each set. And maybe match point of Jen's and Venus's match. I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Well they have an extra hour and a half of highlights on at 1030pm so they'll probably show the matches out of Venus, Seles, or Roddick that they didn't show or was the best because they are all playing at the same time so it will be difficult to show all of them.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
They always favor the men, and we have Venus, Jennifer, and even Lindsay playing. Forget it. Your only hopes to see Monica is if she is getting beat, so Pam and the rest can roast her.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Celeste said:
They always favor the men, and we have Venus, Jennifer, and even Lindsay playing. Forget it. Your only hopes to see Monica is if she is getting beat, so Pam and the rest can roast her.
I'm afraid I have to agree...

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I also have a feeling that they are gonna show Roddick instead of Seles - if they show any of it - they will show set point - and then again at matchpoint. I hope I am wrong though.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I'm watching ESPN right now and their little ticker said the featured match at 12 PM on ESPN was Venus vs. Reeves.

I'm going to watch ESPN2's ticker and see what their featured match at 8 AM is going to be... probably Roddick...

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Ratings people. TV corporations don't live in vaccum. More people probably watch Roddick than seles, so they should show Roddick. Not that I would care, but please stop whining.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
And stop calling him a dick - it's not like he calls up ESPN and pleads them to show his match :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Croat, You know what, I hope they do show Roddick instead of Seles tomorrow just to piss you're ass off. :) ESPN.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Mr. Man said:
Croat, You know what, I hope they do show Roddick instead of Seles tomorrow just to piss you're ass off. :) ESPN.

LOL....i dont want to see either one...but forced to pick...i'd go with andy...at least they are both on last on their courts so it would be the final matches of our coverage and can turn it off....just dont want to miss any chances to see andys feet though! :eek: :lick:

PS Mr Man...you'll never win any prizes for spelling, thats for sure! ;)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until either Seles is about to finish it off or until Nadia is about to put Seles out for the first time in the 1st round. Until then it will be all Roddick or some other mens match.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
croat123 said:
I guess you should start looking for that someone now. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
look croat123, just because ESPN will show Roddick, doesnt mean u have to piss and moan and hate Roddick for it. ESPN choses what they want to air, and not the players. yeah i would wanna watch the Seles/PEtrova match too, but lets face it, Roddick pulls in the ratings and he's popular and therefore he's used more oftne. just live with it. i know it sucks for u, but dont take it out on Andy, he's not the one in control over what they air.

·
Registered
24,194 Posts
i like to see roddick play, but this "ratings" thing really doesn't make any sense to me. monica has a higher Q score- yea both by general population and by tennis fans than andy does. is it that people change the channel when monica is on and they don't when andy is? i think theres a greater demand to see monica, personally. let's not forget that venus and michael chang will also be playing at the same time as these 2. im not going to get myself worked up over it... since i'll be at class anyway....

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I think they will show Venus and Roddick. Venus will be shon cause she is a HUGE ratings booster. They of course will show Jen too. Seles will only be a few points here and there.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
The camera on Court 7 sucks. I couldn't even see the ball during the Blake-Dent match because of the horrible angle :eek:.
ESPN will show Roddick no doubt, but I hope that they fit Seles in there somewhere because there is 1 and half hours of more coverage tomorrow than today :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts