Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
From what I understand, yes. *desperately praying for Vivi to finally make it to #1 next week* ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
The answer is no. Initially I thought it would be enough for Kim/Ai to do better than Suarez/Ruano Pasqual. However, this is not the case, because of the high 12th tournament, only a tournament win by Kim/Ai will do to gain enough points to replace their current 11 th best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
great smash said:
The answer is no. Initially I thought it would be enough for Kim/Ai to do better than Suarez/Ruano Pasqual. However, this is not the case, because of the high 12th tournament, only a tournament win by Kim/Ai will do to gain enough points to replace their current 11 th best
Really?!? So there's hope for Vivi even if they lose tonight?!? Cool! Thanks for humouring me! (I'm quite happy to admit maths was never exactly my strong point!! lol!) ;)

I hope Vivi takes the #1 ranking this week for two reasons:

A. She so deserves it after having made up one half of the best doubles team of the last year - it would be such a shame if she never reached the #1 ranking herself, (if only she'd played a tournament without Paola she would have got to #1 earlier),

B. I can stop cheering against Kim and Ai - a team which I actually quite like and feel guilty for cheering against, even if it is for a greater good!! :p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
Caz said:
Really?!? So there's hope for Vivi even if they lose tonight?!? Cool! Thanks for humouring me! (I'm quite happy to admit maths was never exactly my strong point!! lol!) ;)

I hope Vivi takes the #1 ranking this week for two reasons:

A. She so deserves it after having made up one half of the best doubles team of the last year - it would be such a shame if she never reached the #1 ranking herself, (if only she'd played a tournament without Paola she would have got to #1 earlier),

B. I can stop cheering against Kim and Ai - a team which I actually quite like and feel guilty for cheering against, even if it is for a greater good!! :p ;)
Kim/Ai getting to the final would give them 185 points, but as she'll replace the Luxemburg result which is worth 161 points, her total will increase by 24 points only, which is not enough to overtake VRP who is 40 points in front.

So a win is needed for Kim if she wants no. 1!


If they beat Paola/Virginia in the final:

Kim 4009
Virginia 3964

If they beat Lindsay/Lisa:

Kim 3978
Virginia 3893


If Vivi/Paola beat Kim/Ai:

Virginia 4073
Kim 3877
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
great smash said:
Kim/Ai getting to the final would give them 185 points, but as she'll replace the Luxemburg result which is worth 161 points, her total will increase by 24 points only, which is not enough to overtake VRP who is 40 points in front.

So a win is needed for Kim if she wants no. 1!


If they beat Paola/Virginia in the final:

Kim 4009
Virginia 3964

If they beat Lindsay/Lisa:

Kim 3978
Virginia 3893


If Vivi/Paola beat Kim/Ai:

Virginia 4073
Kim 3877
See, this is what I need - a mathematician to spell it all out for me! ;) Seriously, thanks! Now I can stop wondering and actually know what I'm praying for!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
OK, I'm asking this in here 'cos I didn't want to start yet another thread about the #1 doubles ranking and this seemed the most appropriate place for my question! ;)

As I've already confessed in this thread, I'm somewhat mathematically challenged ( :p ), so I thought I'd appeal for help from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, (great smash where are you?!?! ;) )! Basically, I checked and last year Kim won in LA and Ai reached the final, whilst Vivi didn't play at all and Paola lost in the 1st round, so since as far as I know all four are playing there this year does that mean that even if Kim makes it to #1 this week, Vivi has another chance to get there next week?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top