Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't think there has been a thread on this since she has stated that she would like to return to play for Australia in the olympics. what if Australia let her play the olympic but then she doesn't rock up for the oz open? i'm assuming she will comeback to the oz open also. what do you think?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
She wil go back to the OZ open, the only reason she dont play it is becuase of the Aussie media, but if she plays fed cup you can guarantee she will be back for the OZ, by not playing she does herself out of a lot of ranking points and money, unless they rig the draw and give her lindsay first round ;) :devil:

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Nope. If she plays the Australian again, they might just ask her the tough questions, such as, "Do you plan to return to Australia, or are you just going to use again, this time to get to the Olympics?"

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
if she plays fed cup we can infer she will play aus open. if she plays aus open we can infer that she will play adidas international as a tune-up :)!!!!!

omg just the thought of seeing her play again *live* for the first time since the olympics :)....

if she does play fed cup we have a play-off in july to try and secure a world group spot for next year. will that be in Australia???? if it isthey are considering Wollongong again cos of the great crowd last year i her ;)!!!!

AND if she plays all those why not hopman cup!!!!!!

i know im asking for alot.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Why she does not play Aus open is beyond me I mean, Aussies seem to love her, its just her Dad they want to thrash.

Reactions: ~ The Leopard ~

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I think that if she represents OZ again, she'll definitely play the AO. Which will be good news.

However, I am skeptical of her representing OZ again. I personally don't have any problems with it, but my colleagues in the office in Sydney don't really like her because they think she just used Australia Tennis for her gains and left when she felt she didn't need them anymore. And then they also think that Damir is a psycho and they won't be able to really separate the two. I'm not talking about serious tennis fans here...just the typical Australian (with whom I interact). So I think that it may cause an atmosphere of undue stress and I'm not sure how that would affect her game.

In the end, as long as Jelena is happy with her decisions...

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Jelena Dokic is like the Williams sisters! She only takes her advantage! She goes to Athens at the cost of Nicole Pratt, I think. The other player will be Alicia Molik for sure.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
What.......first off this has nothing to do with the WS.

Secondly if the Aus Tennis Godz decide to let Jelena play...so be it....who wouldn't want the player that has the best chance at a medal to represent their country.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts