·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Sharapova/JHH ??

·
Registered
706 Posts
Tammy ready to plays with Davenport​

:) Tammy,Tamarine Tanasugarn from thailand arrives to Barcelona this morning and she will play with Lindsay Davenport today."Well,You know,I have to prepared myself to play here I means my coach had choose a lot of tactics to train me.I had to run every morning.Today I will plays with Lindsay.This match is very very important for me because I wanna win here by my new style for makes me confidence with my tennis career. :bounce: "

[please advices me if my english are mistake :drool: ]

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
serena williams said:
Tammy ready to plays with Davenport​

:) Tammy,Tamarine Tanasugarn from thailand arrives to Barcelona this morning and she will play with Lindsay Davenport today."Well,You know,I have to prepared myself to play here I means my coach had choose a lot of tactics to train me.I had to run every morning.Today I will plays with Lindsay.This match is very very important for me because I wanna win here by my new style for makes me confidence with my tennis career. :bounce: "

[please advices me if my english are mistake :drool: ]
Its a great sign to here you talk about playing with lindsay :rolleyes: :p :angel:.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Elena Dementieva (RUS) vs. Natasha Zvereva (BLR)

First Set, Zvereva to Serve:
0-1 Zvereva
0-2 Zvereva
0-3 Zvereva (CT)
0-4 Zvereva
0-5 Zvereva

1-5 Zvereva
2-5 Zvereva

Game and First Set: Natasha Zvereva

Natasha Zvereva (BLR) leadsElena Dementieva (RUS) 6-2

Second Set, Zvereva to Serve:
0-1 Zvereva
0-2 Zvereva

1-2 Zvereva (CT)
1-3 Zvereva
1-4 Zvereva

2-4 Zvereva
3-4 Zvereva

3-5 Zvereva
4-5 Zvereva (CT)
5-5
6-5 Dementieva

Game and Second Set: Elena Dementieva

Natasha Zvereva (BLR) tied with Elena Dementieva (RUS) 6-2; 5-7

Third and Final Set, Zvereva to Serve:
0-1 Zvereva
0-2 Zvereva

1-2 Zvereva (CT)
1-3 Zvereva
1-4 Zvereva

2-4 Zvereva
3-4 Zvereva

3-5 Zvereva
4-5 Zvereva (CT)
5-5
6-5 Dementieva

Game, Set, and Match: Elena Dementieva

Elena Dementieva (RUS) def. Natasha Zvereva (BLR) 2-6; 7-5; 7-5

Once again poor scouting from Dementieva, but this time, luck and her opponent's inexperience carried her through to one more round. Natasha can either play defense or take charge of points, but she doesn't hit very hard, and can be easily over powered. Dementieva was pretty much planted behind the baseline and just waiting for Zvereva's mistakes to pile up. But they didn't, as Natasha plays a consistent side to side rally game that rarely produces clean winners, but even more rarely produces totally unforced errors. However, it is hard for the Belarussian to keep up her level of play, and when Dementieva was really able to take a big clean cut at the ball for two or three successive games, Natasha faded and became a shadow of her former self--not getting to balls she had at the begginng of a given set, and making ridiculous UFEs. Dementieva got lucky. Hopefully this will serve as her wake up call, because if she doesn't start scouting appropriately and utilizing all three of her gameplans, she will leave the top ten very shortly.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Samantha Stosur (AUS) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

First Set, Kirilenko to Serve:
0-1 Kirilenko
0-2 Kirilenko
0-3 Kirilenko
0-4 Kirilenko
0-5 Kirilenko

Game and First Set: Maria Kirilenko

Maria Kirilenko (RUS) leads Samantha Stosur (AUS) 6-0

Second Set, Kirilenko to Serve:
0-1 Kirilenko
0-2 Kirilenko
0-3 Kirilenko
0-4 Kirilenko
0-5 Kirilenko

Game, Set, and Match: Maria Kirilenko

Maria Kirilenko (RUS) def.Samantha Stosur (AUS) 6-0; 6-0

Yay. Maria finally wins a match, and in such a great fashion too:eek: . Anyways, she totally overpowered Samantha, despite the Australians attempt to be more powerful. Sam just held back on key points, wheras Maria just let loose and hit winner after winner from all sides. Congrats Maria:wavey: .

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Alicia Molik (AUS) vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL)

First Set, Molik to Serve:
0-1 Henin-Hardenne
1-1
2-1 Molik

2-2
3-2 Molik
3-3
3-4 Henin-Hardenne
3-5 Henin-Hardenne

4-5 Henin-Hardenne
Game and First Set: Justine Henin-Hardenne

Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) leads Alicia Molik (AUS) 6-4

Second Set, Molik to Serve:
1-0 Molik
2-0 Molik
3-0 Molik

3-1 Molik
3-2 Molik
3-3
3-4 Henin-Hardenne

4-4
4-5 Henin-Hardenne (CT)
Game, Set, and Match: Justine Henin-Hardenne

Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) def. Alicia Molik (AUS) 6-4; 6-4

Justine again used her topspin, slice, and hard and flat strokes off both sides to maximum effectiveness. Alicia tried to run down a lot of balls and counter-punch the Belgian's shots, but she commited too many UFEs, and Justine was more aggressive than most tacticians during the rallies. This match was a true beauty to watch, and once again prooves that Justine has what it takes to go far on this tour.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Karolina Sprem def. Marion Bartoli w/o Marion has decided to retire from the tour:sad: .

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Mary Pierce (FRA) vs. Chanda Rubin (THA)

First Set, Rubin to Serve:
0-1 Rubin
1-1 (CT)
2-1 Pierce
3-1 Pierce

3-2 Pierce
3-3

4-3 Pierce
4-4
4-5 Rubin

5-5
5-6 Rubin
6-6

TIEBREAK, Rubin to Serve:
1-0 Pierce
1-1
2-1 Pierce
2-2
2-3 Rubin

3-3
4-3 Pierce
5-3

5-4
5-5

6-5 Pierce (Setpoint: Pierce)
6-6
6-7 Rubin (Setpoint: Rubin)

7-7
8-7 Pierce (Setpoint #2: Pierce)

8-8
9-8 Pierce (Setpoint #3: Pierce)
9-9
10-9 Pierce (Setpoint #4: Pierce)
Game and First Set: Mary Pierce

Mary Pierce (FRA) leads Chanda Rubin (THA) 7-6(9)

Second Set, Pierce to Serve:
0-1 Rubin
1-1 (CT)
1-2 Rubin
1-3 Rubin
1-4 Rubin
1-5 Rubin

2-5 Rubin
3-5 Rubin
4-5 Rubin
5-5
6-5 Pierce (CT)

Game, Set, and Match: Mary Pierce

Mary Pierce (FRA) def. Chanda Rubin (THA) 7-6(9); 7-5

Chanda looked like she might have injured her foot slightly, because she wasn't moving well at all, and was hitting harder than usual in an attempt to end the match ASAP. This really should have beaten Mary, but due to some erroneous play at the beginning of each set, and some totally unprecedented luck on the part of Pierce, Rubin was never able to close out so much as a set, let alone the match. Pierce was doing all the running, and trying to get her shots in a position where Chanda couldn't touch them, but the Thai was swinging away on everything, and there were only so many shots Mary could get to. However, she was able to stay w/ Rubin early on in the set, and that gave her the confidence needed to wait patiently for the errors, and to take advantage of the luck given to her by the line judges and netcords.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Maria Sharapova (RUS) vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)

First Set, Clijsters to Serve:
1-0 Sharapova
2-0 Sharapova

2-1 Sharapova
3-1 Sharapova
4-1 Sharapova
5-1 Sharapova

Game and First Set: Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova (RUS) leads Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-1

Second Set, Sharapova to Serve:
1-0 Sharapova
2-0 Sharapova
3-0 Sharapova
4-0 Sharapova
5-0 Sharapova

Game, Set, and Match: Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova (RUS) def. Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-1; 6-0

Maria took a chance. She scouted Kim, and decided that the Belgian was probably going to play defensively. Thus Maria came on court bound and determined to hit winners whenever and wherever possible. She succeeded, and Kim didn't change strategy (she continued to retrieve down many balls and wait for her chance to attack in rallies). Thus Maria hit a whopping 37 winners, and since those all came very early in the rallies (usually by the third shot from the Russian), she only commited 16 UFEs.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts