Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has quietly pushed her way into the top 100, at 91 after a strong showing at the Open, beating two of the highly touted American wildcards, Ashley and Baker. Appears that she was highly outplayed by Suarez however, who had an excellent run.

She is very slight in frame it appears, and I have heard on the board she is comparative to Daniela. What type of game does she play? Her strengths, personality?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I have seen her play twice at Ausopen qualies, and once on tv in a doubles.
She is weak. But her topspin grips allow her to keep the ball deep and in play.

She's a dangerous player because she's very steady and makes her opponent hit
a lot of balls in a rally. Don't get me wrong though, she's not incapable of attacking,
I saw her on the hardcourts of AusOpen and although she is a clay courter, she can
paint some lines when she gets an opening. But she has a Catalina Castano type game,
- that is, very steady, no amazing shots, but still not to be taken lightly.
As you would expect, she moves extremely well.
probably needs to bulk up a little, her shots do get a little floaty. I would think some of the top 50
girls with more power to their shots would deal with Sequera quite easily, especially ona fast surface.
Its not hard to see why Suarez took her apart on a hardcourt, Paola is much more aggressive and can rush the net,
also Saurez has a defining shot, her forehand.
Miligros is lacking any real weapons or diversity.

Hope she can continue her good results though. :)
:)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much guys. It will be interesting to see where she goes. I wish her good luck....

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I have seen her play twice and acutally she said in an after match interview that she prefers hard courts. When I saw her play (a loss to Morigami) she was acutally very agressive. I think she can hang with some of the top 50. She got ripped by Poala probably because she hasn't really ever played someone of her caliber....although she did play Shaugnessy in Charleston taking 6 games. I think she has potential so good luck to her:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts