Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HAND SCRAPED
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have you heard a fan or commentator say "she has excellent hands at the net, i don't know why she doesn't volley more" or "she has a big serve when she tries hard, she should be getting more cheap points" or "she should step in and take that return as early as possible".

Which aspects of your fav's game (that they are good at) don't they use enough?

Why do you think they don't use it?

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Jennifer needs to be more aggressive and end points at the net. She is doing so more and more as she gets confident this year. She did it superbly at the French last year, she just got into a rut of just banging from the baseline last summer/fall and got away from it.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Monica... Approach the net more, drive volley more, end points quicker... and maybe even play more drop shots (Monica could play the drop shot very well in the past huh?)

:bounce:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I would love to see Martina come into the net more and finish of them points quicker, she is so good but hesitates sometimes.

I think the amazing passing shots players can come up with even if they are on the run, has a big factor why Martina and many other players don't come into the net as much.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
I wish Martina used more slicing... it helps so much if you play a power player... in many ways!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I would love to see Venus smile more. :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Love to see Venus and Serena go to the net more often!! :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts