Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Men's tennis is so much more interesting than women's...My god, what a bore the Kim-Megs match was...and though James got wupped, it was so much more interesting to watch...I miss the days of Martina-Venus-Linds-Serena...:sad:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
And why do you come up with this? How many threads are gonna appear about this same ole subject. dont you people get tired. Just a reality check, it would be the same if a williams were in the draw because they would be kicking but.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do this every fucking time...DONT READ THEM...who the hell do you think you are? You are still new here...Play your position and everything will be allright...:rolleyes:

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantasy Season said:
How exactly are the early rounds more interesting with Venus, Serena and Martina?
Good question...I guess it's the anticipation...:confused:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
TopShotta said:
You do this every fucking time...DONT READ THEM...who the hell do you think you are? You are still new here...Play your position and everything will be allright...:rolleyes:

Ummm oook. Im not new here. Just because im not a loser like you and spend all day posting on an internet doesn't give you the right to tell me im new. And if i was new, who do you think you are talking to. I dont have a fucking position and you arent my boss. Im not your pet bitch. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
TopShotta said:
Good question...I guess it's the anticipation...:confused:
riiight...tennis is more interesting when my faves and their toughest opponents are playing :p

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jbone_0307 said:
Ummm oook. Im not new here. Just because im not a loser like you and spend all day posting on an internet doesn't give you the right to tell me im new. And if i was new, who do you think you are talking to. I dont have a fucking position and you arent my boss. Im not your pet bitch. :rolleyes:
I have been on this board since it's started and I have less than 4000 post...:rolleyes:

BTW, if you read my initial post you would see that I spent my evening at the US OPEN in primo seats...where were you? Who is the real loser?...and no, you are not my pet bitch...you are just not good enough... :lol:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
TopShotta said:
I have been on this board since it's started and I have less than 4000 post...:rolleyes:

BTW, if you read my initial post you would see that I spent my evening at the US OPEN in primo seats...where were you? Who is the real loser?...and no, you are not my pet bitch...you are just not good enough... :lol:

OK so just because you dont have 4000 post means you dont spend your life on this board. Who cares if you were at the US Open, as a matter a fact i was getting my club on. Actually ive been registered to WTAWORLD to see the piece of shit, stupid threads on here. :lol: oh and about the dog joke, how immature and ignorant.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you just talking out your ass? You have been a member for some 2.5 months and you have 750 post plus your reply to this post...Do you get it?

And what the hell kind of club were you at that you are back in time to bitch at me? It's just 12:50 am here in the east...you were getting your club on????? Well, I am in NYC and am just now leaving the house to get MY club on...:p

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I actually agree with Topshotta, which is very rare. Martina :sad:

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
My new idea for attending the Open for maximum tennis enjoyment would be:

watch ONLY men's matches the first week;

if you like the top women, then start watching at the quarterfinals;

if none of your faves are in it, start watching the women only at the semi's.

Alternatively, to watch two WTA players of lower but similar rank battle it out with each other in the early rounds can be quite good, dramawise if not always tenniswise. The lower players are desperate to make their mark and can play with a lot of passion, when they are not being blown out of the water by one of the top guns.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Men's matches in general are of a higher quality. Mauresmo won yesterday despite making more errors than winners. That is fairly common on the women's side. The men, though, often have matches where both players have more winners than errors.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I decided to do a little statistical analysis:

1st round:
#1 seed men's match - +8 winners/errors between the players
#1 seed women's match - -6 winners/errors between players
#2 seed men's match - -3 winners/errors between players
#2 seed women's match - -17 winners/errors between the players

2nd round
#1 seed men's match - +11 winners/errors between players
#1 seed women's match - -1 winners/errors between the players
#2 seed men's match - -22 winners/errors between the players
#2 seed women's match - +4 winners/errors between the players

3rd round
#1 seed men's match - -8 winners/errors between players
#1 seed women's match - -21 winners/errors between the players
#2 seed men's match - +23 winners/errors between the players
#2 seed womne's match - -7 winners/errors between the players

**I can do more if people want, since this isn't a lot to go by. You see, though, that the equivalent men's match had a better ratio nearly every time

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I've enjoyed the mens' tournament more also but I think the women will pick it up in the second week.

It's not a sure thing though I don't think.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The problem with the lower ranked players in the early rounds is that they know they should come with a game plan but they dont...they play the same passive game that always leads to defeat when they play top players...while watching the TV, I just want to scream...TRY SOMETHING FUCKING NEW...but to be honest...i say this many times watching the men as well...

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
Early rounds almost equally suck in US Open for men and women. After last year I decided that first three days of Open are not worth of visiting at all. By 7pm all tons of matches are mostly over and are straight set blowouts. Real US Open starts only on Thursday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts