Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They would probably meet in the 3rd or fourth round and it would be interesting to see if Lina will do Clijsters in once again or if Kim can manage not to choke and get by her new nemisis.

Kim is not injured nor will she have being "tired" as an excuse because she will have about three weeks of rest before the Open.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
TeeRexx said:
They would probably meet in the 3rd or fourth round and it would be interesting to see if Lina will do Clijsters in once again or if Kim can manage not to choke and get by her new nemisis.

Kim is not injured nor will she have being "tired" as an excuse because she will have about three weeks of rest before the Open.
While this would be interesting to see, I think Clijsters would take out her wrath on Lina K, much like Venus did to Zvonareva at Wimbledon.

·
Chionophile
40,171 Posts
Knizzle said:
While this would be interesting to see, I think Clijsters would take out her wrath on Lina K, much like Venus did to Zvonareva at Wimbledon.
Except Zvonareva beat Venus at the French Open (a grand slam) not a Tier I warmup event to a grand slam.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VENUS already took care of Vera.

Kim has yet to take revenge on Lina.
Kim may not get over the pressure to take out Vera if they meet because kim does have this breathing problem in big matches. :)

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Sam L said:
Except Zvonareva beat Venus at the French Open (a grand slam) not a Tier I warmup event to a grand slam.
I know, but revenge is sweet no matter what. I don't think Clijsters would be nervous in the third round. Unless of course, Lina K takes over the match early.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
disposablehero said:
Apparently one match now makes a nemesis. Hopefully Vera Zvonareva is far away from Venus. I don't want anyone knocking Venus out before it's time.
Zvonareva won't do it. No reason to think Henin or Clijsters can do it. Is Davy going to knock Venus out??

·
Registered
483 Posts
TeeRexx said:

Kim would probably crush Lina, just like she did in the first set before she felt tired.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Kim would probably crush Lina, just like she did in the first set before she felt tired.
Exactly Kim won the first 6-1 but then the last 3 weeks caught up on Kim, if they were to play again Kim would be fresh and able to maintain her play for a whole match.

ANd Kim lost one match, that does not make Lina a nemesis :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,479 Posts
TeeRexx said:

3 weeks of rest? :confused:

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think that Kim will really be looking to duck Lina K. and really hopes that they are in opposite halves.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Kim WAS tired that day :rolleyes: . I don't think Kim would let Lina K. beat her again and that too in a GS

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.