Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...about the All-Williams GrandSlam Finals. ;)

Am I right, or am I right?

Once again, another bad final.

When was the last good one??

· Registered
10,975 Posts
really womens tennis just SUCKS right now. its so swallow and predictable...

· Registered
2,570 Posts
No - we can still complain! We'll just also complain about all-Belgian finals ;)

Really, it looks like finals need to be a Belgian vs a Williams! Serena and Justine had a great French semifinal, and Kim had a great Australian semifinal against Serena and a great Wimbledon semifinal against Venus. Hell, a Capriati final against Serena or Justine would be exciting, too :)

· Registered
15,727 Posts
the 1st set was great!!!

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
36,726 Posts
Justine vs Capriati would have been a wonderfull final. A belgian vs a williams sister would be great too but THEY ARE INJURED!!!!! I really don't get why people keep complaining about those finals..the sisters are injured so they can't be there.

· Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moby said:
the 1st set was great!!!
It was??

I don't know what set you were watching, but, it was very poor quality altogether.

I just wish these finals would get better, it's really getting sad now. :eek:

· Registered
22,221 Posts
moby said:
the 1st set was great!!!
Great tennis?
How many breaks were their?

· Registered
1,301 Posts
By now I also agree the only good thing about these all Belgian final is the fact that the trophy is coming home to Belgium regardless of the outcome of the match.

We don't need these finals, but neither do we need all Williams ones.
A mixed one will keep everyone interested, but unfortunately the last the last time this happened was already back in Australia 2002, which as must of us will agree was a better final than any one played ever since.

Let's hope for an American-Belgian final next year in Melbourne!

· NeverWoz
25,696 Posts
That final was so awful. There were afew nice points, but the overall quality was at the Williams vs. Williams level. There should be a new "law" passed to make sure both Williams are on one side of the draw, and both Belgians on the other. Then we're almost guaranteed a Williams-Belgian final.

· Registered
15,432 Posts
Let's just say the finals have been for many
years in the WTA , never as fun as the semi finals.
Did you notice that?

Reactions: Chance
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.