Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... Or at least respects her a lot because she's so happy for her etc.

Looking back to the US Open 2001 (which was actually the only slam final Serena has lost aside from today), she didn't even seem that happy at losing to Venus. Does anyone remember? Like she was slamming her racquet and looking sullen etc.

So I think that that likeness for Maria resulted in her not fighting so hard out there. It's like she's enjoying losing to Maria. She should be hating this and Maria. :fiery:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Venus is the player she likes to lose to the least. She's happy for her, but she's extremely disappointed.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Sam L said:
... Or at least respects her a lot because she's so happy for her etc.

Looking back to the US Open 2001 (which was actually the only slam final Serena has lost aside from today), she didn't even seem that happy at losing to Venus. Does anyone remember? Like she was slamming her racquet and looking sullen etc.

So I think that that likeness for Maria resulted in her not fighting so hard out there. It's like she's enjoying losing to Maria. She should be hating this and Maria. :fiery:
Perhaps she's had public relations lessons. Anyway I want to see the old Serena looks of death and contempt.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Are you kidding??? Of course Serena tried to fight! Maria just DIDNT LET HER!! You even saw Serena shaking her head..she was purely beaten fair and square..no excuses..

But I agree Serena was very happy for Maria because she knows EXACTLY how Maria feels winning her 1st grand slam as a teenager..

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw storm in Serena's face when Masha hit the ball to her nose.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think serena is a true L-A-D-Y end of history... that`s the main reason ;) and Sharapova, is .. is just soooo cute! :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Serena has matured so much since 2001. She is now a gracious lady and know how to handle this situation. But I have to say Maria gave Serena a few death stare in the match LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts