Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
their fans an apology.

It's not that I am feeling generous after Justine's win (I am but that's not the point).

It's that seeing the behaviour of some people on this board made me remember my own thoughts regarding Venus and Serena's injuries.

I was one of the many always doubting when they pull out of tournaments, or matches, often thinking that it was because they couldn't admit a defeat or because they just didn't feel like playing. I wasn't too vocal about it but that was what I thought most of the times.

But now, after seeing that every time Justine has a health problem, a bunch of morons come to tell 1000 times how she is faking, bad sportmanship and all that bullshit I get to understand better how Williams fans felt every time the sisters were accused of faking injuries.

When Justine had the cramps in Australia, a group of morons decided that she was faking, without a bit of evidence, it was just how they felt and then accused anyone not thinking that of ignorant, biased or whatever. Same happened tonight although at a lower scale.

I remember many similar cases with Venus and Serena: Indian Wells, Serena's matches against Jennifer, Venus's current injury, etc. and I come to realize that it is not fair if I complain about people spreading bullshit about my favourite when I have (at least in thought) done the same (although, I was never so fucking annoying to bring that up every second world. re: bis whatever), and since I can't change the past I think I must apologize.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
i guess you dont know what shit does until it happens to your faves huh?

its very big of you

a lot of Justine fans are warming more to Venus and Serena because of the way everything Justine does is hated on. and these were the people who hated on the sisters beforehand :)

anywayz......nice post :)

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Guess what, Figon? Venus and Serena doesn't care whether you doubted their injuries or not, or whether you apologized or not. As for the Williams fans, they have learned to ignore you long time ago. Atleast most of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts