Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of the WTA and ATP US Hardcourt Tournaments, you get points. I dont know if the points will be used for the seeding at the U.S. Open and prize money. Does anybody know? I think its a great concept and will encourage people to play hardcourt tournaments leading up to the US Open, rather than some :crazy: ATP tour players who are playing clay court tournaments??

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, there seems to be more (live) tennis showed. ESPN thumbs up for coming up with the idea. I think this is the only GS it will work with because there too little preparation for the Australian Open, not enough tournaments for Wimbledon, and RG might not have the money the USTA has.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The points are not used for seeding purposes. The top the players, in terms of points earned during the series, will receive a bonus on the prize money they earn at the US Open. The top player gets a 50% bonus (I am not sure what the next percentages are). Last year, Andy Roddick would have been the points leader based on his results leading up to the open. He got $1 million for winning the Open. He would have then received an additional $500,000 in US Open series bonus money. This is my understanding. I think the best part in the consistent and INCREASED television coverage.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
You're asking players like Elena Dementieva and Jelena Dokic to go on a suicide mission this summer. It's pointless. They aren't gonig to kill their leg for life to ad $500,000 to the millions and millions they already have.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
cdpoulin1 said:
BTW, not only US, the Canadian Open is also in that group!
are you talking about the US Open series? if so, i heard that it only consisted of four women's tournaments

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
For all of the WTA and ATP US Hardcourt Tournaments, you get points. I dont know if the points will be used for the seeding at the U.S. Open and prize money. Does anybody know? I think its a great concept and will encourage people to play hardcourt tournaments leading up to the US Open, rather than some :crazy: ATP tour players who are playing clay court tournaments??
You think? Make up your damn mind already!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts