Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me tell you about it doctors. i woke up this morning and felt slight stiffnesss in the ankle and calf. it got worse through the day and i was limping and now i walk really slow and limp. nothing happened. i played tennis on friday evening and was fine. all weekend nothing and then today...
Also ive added jumping rope to my workouts about 500 a workout and been running longer so maybe my body just is getting adjusted and also i really hardly ever have time to stretch after. I know youre gonna say its tendinits and there is nothing i can do. Should i see a doctor? I guess i need to stretch properly after workouts, work out less and stretch more as i have limited time. How long does this last and is there anything i can do?

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy shit, i am honored that you posted on my thread for your first post smile. Are you a real person or an old member in disguise?

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice Helen. But do you think its tendinitis? I have a week of lessons this week, first time in like 14 years and i cant even go. maybe he'll make it up to me?

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
You would know if you had full blown tendonitis. I had it in my shoulder and I couldn't take a swing for more than a month, and it woke me up in my sleep for about a week. It is amazingly painful.

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Maybe it was better if y started running alot and skipping alot of rope gradually instead of doing alot of it all at once...:confused:

Well, go see ur doctor.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It doesnt sound like tendonitis to me.... more like a muscle strain, maybe with some shin splints. You have added alot more to your work out routine, so it is probably just over use...... I hate stretching as well, but IT IS MANDATORY! Make sure to do dynamic stretches before the workouts/tennis, and then static stretches afterwards.

For right now, take a couple of days off, ice the ankle and calf, and take some motrin. After 2-3 days of ice, switch to moist heat (hot tub, etc..) that oughta take care of it. Good luck!!

·
Banned
796 Posts
amputate your leg from the knee down.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I agree with what CapFan#1 says in that you should rest for a couple of days with ice packs & then heat also do some light stretches & ankle rotation. It doesn't sound like tendinitis although it can't be ruled out completely it sounds more like muscle strain. If the stiffness continues go see your doctor.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
i agree with the people who say it's not tendonitis and suggest mild streching and icing.

i have chronic tendonitis at the moment and it's hell. i have been on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain killers since april, wear a wrist guard to mimimise movement and see a physiotherapist every week. since the problem has not gone away, my GP has secured me a consulation with a neurologist to see whether there is any serious damage that is preventing a more speedy recovery. i would not wish this on anyone! for the last month or so, i haven't been able to type much on the computer and since i am a graduate student, this has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE.

make sure to see a doctor if the problem does not go away!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts