Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. :wavey:

I thought I wanted to share this experience with you, and I couldn't find a thread where I could to it, so I decided to create one. ;) I was on Mallorca for a tennis camp with my tennis club, and one of the days we saw Ana practising there. She was playing a practise set against some Spanish guy, and she won, but it was close. I thought she played really well -- she made a bit to many mistakes, but her opponent was really good. Afterwards she stayed to sign a lot of autographs, which was really nice of her, as she was obviously very exhausted after practising in the heat (it was hot that day). She signed my cap! :banana: And I heard a little girl asking her if she would say hello to Djokovic from her. :lol:

I have pictures, but I don't know how to upload them. :confused:

Reactions: SOA_MC

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
Hey! Great to read you experience! Thank you for the post! Is there any other detail you can share with us? How was Ana's serve?

You can upload pics here:

http://www.imageshack.us/

Just select the picture you want to upload and click on star upload.

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
I hope you can bring us those pics! :D

I think Ana is back in Mallorca practising this week.. She should be working on the consistency of her shots from the back of the court. She needs to cut down the UEs.. if she is making 50 a match, she will not be going far into tournaments or beating top players. I always worry a bit when I see practice reports saying that Ana was making a bit too many UEs... if she can't play clean in practice, things don't look bright for a match. I hope her coach sees the obvious and works on that ASAP.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree that when a player makes too many UE's in a practise, it's never a good sign. She did hit a lot of smart winners too, though. Also, her opponent was really good, so sometimes she just really had to go for her shots to finish the ball, and her shot would be either a great winner or an UE. Her serve was on-and-off -- sometimes she doublefaulted way too much, and sometimes it just went really well.

Here are some pictures (I took sooo many, so I'm just going to post some of them :p):

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
I agree that when a player makes too many UE's in a practise, it's never a good sign. She did hit a lot of smart winners too, though. Also, her opponent was really good, so sometimes she just really had to go for her shots to finish the ball, and her shot would be either a great winner or an UE. Her serve was on-and-off -- sometimes she doublefaulted way too much, and sometimes it just went really well.

Here are some pictures (I took sooo many, so I'm just going to post some of them :p):
Thanks a lot for you report and the pics! And the problem with Ana is just that.. she can be too on and off, way inconsistent during a match..

I don't want to sound too picky, but do you have bigger versions of these pictures? I don't know if you only posted thumbnails or if the pics are this size.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Great experience, I would like to meet Ana too..Nice from u to share your experience ;)

·
Registered
26,596 Posts

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
The guy with Ana in the last pic is Tomeu Salva. Kinseh can confirm this for us, but I guess he was the hitting partner. Tomeu already hit with Ana in Mallorca last July.

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
Hi guys!
Yep. that guy is Tomeu, Nadal's best friend.
Hey bibir!

Yes.. He is Nadal's childhood best friend. We've seen Tomeu with Ana before, so I guess he is a bit her friend as well. :D

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Hey bibir!

Yes.. He is Nadal's childhood best friend. We've seen Tomeu with Ana before, so I guess he is a bit her friend as well. :D
wow then I can imagine he's a very tough hitting partner:eek::lol:. Then the fact that she won on clay against him must be a good sign:angel:

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
wow then I can imagine he's a very tough hitting partner:eek::lol:. Then the fact that she won on clay against him must be a good sign:angel:
Hi Luca! :wavey:

Trying to be positive? :lol:

·
Registered
26,596 Posts

·
Registered
26,596 Posts
you know, even winning Madrid or Rome and a QF/SF showing at RG would be good. I learnt to have such low expectations on Ana since posr RG 2008:tape::sobbing:
:sobbing:

I have no expectations.. any semis will be celebrated by me. :sobbing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts