Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I have really enjoyed this US Open so far. I am a big Williams fans and id thought i would not enjoy my fav slam as much with out them, but i do have to say even thou i miss them, it been great.
The men side I have to say has carryed the US Open for me so far. All of James Blakes matches have been something special :kiss: Agassi :worship: is just the king of the court. Hewitt is back. Roddick is fired up. And Federer is still class.
Now the women has started to get going a bit The Kim Momo match has all the making of a classic if MOMO can hold her nerve. And i cant wait till the Justine Jenny SF that will be the match of the tourie on the women side i feel.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
See, If we are all open minded towards just enjoying good tennis things work out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I didn't have any great expectations or much cynicism coming into this last major. But, I have totally enjoyed this experience. The television coverage has had a lot of variety and I've seen some spectacular performances. Even with all the rain, I look at it as a small intermission in a great action thriller. I know the organizers will figure out a way to finish the tournament and I'm hoping that the networks adjust their schedules so we can see more fabulous tennis.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
we'll get to see match-ups in grand slam semis that we arent accustomed to seeing such as justine-jennifer, or kim-amelie in the quarters...so of course it will beinteresting to see a change in the latter rounds and who can take advantage of this situation :)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I have enjoyed the men so far, but the women's side has lagged. I hope we get to see Pierce-Henin with Clijsters-Mauresmo already set up for tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I guess if your a Williams fan it might be dull;but
not all tennisheads are their fans, believe
it or not. I've been watching it w/ non- tennisheads
and they enjoy seeing other players in the spotlight.

It seems to be a grand slam that's more about
younger and newer up and coming players this year.
What's so wrong about that?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I've enjoyed the US Open more than the other 3 slams, mostly because of crappy ESPN coverage. yipee.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
LeonHart said:
I've enjoyed the US Open more than the other 3 slams, mostly because of crappy ESPN coverage. yipee.
BAM! ;)

I've been enjoying it as well. And HEY the quaters are coming up. That's when it gets exciting! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts