Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
USA Tennis coverage is terrible.

Any word when the Tennis Channel is launching? I haven't heard anything lately.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I agree...all these great matches occuring in Sydney and we get ZILCHO...noy even a mention a glimpse of anything going on!:rolleyes: At least we will get to see the AO...even though the coverage by ESPN will most likely SUCK!:mad:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
yes, I agree, its ridiculous that they're not even showing the final of the adidas here in the USA that I know of.
I'll never forgive ESPN last year from cutting away after the women's final for sportscenter and not letting us see the trophy ceremony for Jen Cap. I wrote them a nasty letter for that - they had 10 minutes left on their broadcast and chose to go early to sportscenter instead of staying with their programming. grrrrr.
i never heard back from EPSN - big surprise.
But at least they do show a decent amount - I have it all in my PDA and am ready to set the VCR!
Ruth in Philly PA USA

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
U think US tennis coverage is bad try living in the Uk were the main stations I think don't know tennis exists, but at least we have a saviour in Britsh Eurosport.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured there would be tons of tennis in the UK. in the US its considered a panzy sport. If you say you play tennis people automatically assume your a homosexual. Which I am, but thats not that the point.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
With the name "TexasTech guy"...and Guga as your icon, are you Trevor from the Sanex board?...just wondering.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd say that tennis coverage was more than adequate in the UK, and that BE provides plenty of coverage - too much and it just gets boring.

The attitude of tennis is really weird in the states. i taught tennis at a camp exchange, and everyone was like "oh where did you learn to play tennis? You must be from a really rich background to afford coaching? Tennis is for sissies". I was a little gobsmacked.

In the uk, tennis is becoming much more popular as indoor centres open everywhere, and it is a sport for all, and there is nothing amazing about having coaching (mainly because it is largely crap!) or playing it. Totally different in the states though I thought.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here in the US we are supposed to be getting a Tennis Channel similar to the Golf Channel that we already have. If you've seen the Golf Channel then you'd have pretty good idea of what they're going to try to do. Not just current matches, but tennis tips, classic matches, news, etc., etc... I'll have that on all day :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts