Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm been using an Adidas Barricade Aspire for almost two years now, so I really need to buy new shoes. I like the one I've been using, but I often broke my nails playing tennis and I have that pain on my toes when I do the break, so I feel I need more protection for my toes. Another thing is that I already twisted my ankle once, so I need protection on my ankles. I know, I'm problematic... I play mostly in hard court.

Anyway, what tennis shoes should I buy? I will appreciate any help. Thank you!

Adidas Barricade Aspire:

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I wrote Barricades for years, but as soon as I tried on a pair of Asics Gel Resolution 7s I fell in love.

I admit that I'm not crazy about how they look (though they come in a variety of colour schemes), but they feel really nice - great balance of comfort, support and lightness.

I'm not sure if you're buying M or W shoes, though (these are M).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm buying women shoes. Yeah, my thing with Asics is the look, I don't understand what Asics have against making good looking shoes. But that one it's ok actually, the problem is the price, quite expensive for me. But thanks anyway!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi....have you tried for safety shoes?? Might be it suits you as you get ankle twist you may be uncomfortable with normal shoes!! Safety shoes have some features like hard PVC sole. You can buy this shoe online from www.workbootsandshoes.com.au. It's not only provide you to feel comfort but also protects you from bump, dangerous liquid and more unusual activities so, whenever I play tennis in hard ground,I wear this shoe for safety.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hi....have you tried for safety shoes?? Might be it suits you as you get ankle twist you may be uncomfortable with normal shoes!! Safety shoes have some features like hard PVC sole. You can buy this shoe online from www.workbootsandshoes.com.au. It's not only provide you to feel comfort but also protects you from bump, dangerous liquid and more unusual activities so, whenever I play tennis in hard ground,I wear this shoe for safety.
I'd really caution against this. These shoes are not made for athletic endeavors, particularly tennis. Great if it works for poster, but I personally think it's a really bad idea for a lot of reasons.

Check out the K-Swiss hypercourt express. Good sized toe box, great stability features (including a good, wide sole) and lightweight so it wears fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I look for wider tennis shoes which give enough room for thick socks. Thick socks are as important as a good pair of tennis shoes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wear a New Balance once (old model)

looks good and feels good. japan technology same as Asics i think

im one of the fluff ones who value physical look of shoes as well and NB is prety decent and an underrated tennis shoe brand so not alot of people use em which makes your shoes a bit more unique

just sharing. hehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always used Asics ... but lately I have had a bad experience.
Shoes purchased and after one month unusable due to the breaking of the heel.
But the most serious thing is that I contacted Asic's customer care and they didn't deign to answer.
Poor quality product and non-existent assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts