Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KEY BICAYNE, Fla. -- Serena Williams' comeback from her latest layoff will be delayed.

Williams, who hasn't played since losing in the third round of the Australian Open in January, withdrew Friday from the Nasdaq-100 Open, which begins next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
Williams has been hampered by left ankle and knee problems for months and has played 31 matches since the beginning of 2005.

"I am very disappointed to withdraw," said Williams, who won the Key Biscayne title in 2001-03. "But I feel like I need more time before I am able to compete at the highest level."

The former No. 1 player has slipped to 58th in the rankings because of her inactivity, and she faced the prospect of being unseeded at Key Biscayne.

She was replaced in the draw by Karolina Sprem.

·
Registered
47,718 Posts
Good. Karolina deserved it more than she does.

What a stupid excuse. You won't be competing at the highest level for quite some time, Serena, so you might as well compete at your current "low level" and get some matches in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
Maybe it's the best decision...
Get fit, then come back, Serena!

Reactions: Kenny

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
~PPP~ said:
Good. Karolina deserved it more than she does.

What a stupid excuse. You won't be competing at the highest level for quite some time, Serena, so you might as well compete at your current "low level" and get some matches in. :rolleyes:

And here comes the wrath of the non-Williams Fan :bolt:

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
:) she has been saying that for so long!!!! Next time she does play she better win!!!! I hope she comesback stronger than ever :worship:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
We must remember what Serena proclaimed at the beginning of the year. She said she was going to do what she wanted to do, and not feel pressure to play if she was injured. She said pressure is the reason why she was at Wimbledon last year, on one damn leg basically. Hopefully she'll be back on the court soon.

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
:mad: :yawn: Umm.. Someone has been saying this since Wimbledon... Use another line Serena! PLEASEEE! :sad:

·
Registered
47,718 Posts
Diesel said:
And here comes the wrath of the non-Williams Fan :bolt:
I don't particularly dislike them. Just Serena, mostly, as I'm tired of her excuses. I'm just mad at a waste of talent, that's all.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
pacomexican said:
im ready for them :)
It's funny, part of the time they claim sympathy for Serena fans (give me a break with this one), then the other times they want Serena out there no matter what - just because they say she should be there, but if she comes back and loses they will be the same ones telling her she should have stayed away to be more fit or healthier. It's to a point of "WTF do you want with Serena" other than the inability to stop sweating her about everything and anything she does. Amazing power this Serena has to have so many fixated.

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
~PPP~ said:
I don't particularly dislike them. Just Serena, mostly, as I'm tired of her excuses. I'm just mad at a waste of talent, that's all.
PPP isn't a hater :eek: Like many others, he is fed up! She is annoying! Alwyas freaking withdrawing! She should just retire :rolleyes: I can't believe she used to be at the top of womens' tennis :eek: Those girls must have been playing horrible back then :drool:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
~PPP~ said:
Serena would be part of 'them'. Try to figure that part out a bit more. You can't be too tired of Serena being this thread or the other thread about her withdrawal that you were in. Your interest was obviously highly piqued for someone you tire of. And if you are upset at her wasted talent, why is the possiblity of indifference out of the question?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
itd be better if she didnt withdraw 3 days before th tourney starts cause fans are excited to see her play finally then she withdraws and they get pissed

·
Registered
47,718 Posts
Diesel said:
Serena would be part of 'them'. Try to figure that part out a bit more. You can't be too tired of Serena being this thread or the other thread about her withdrawal that you were in. Your interest was obviously highly piqued for someone you tire of. And if you are upset at her wasted talent, why is the possiblity of indifference out of the question?
Well you said I was a Non-Williams' Fan. But I like Venus.

No wonder people say Williams' Fans are uptight. Just sharing my opinion, you don't have to contradict my every word and bit. I think you have even confused yourself here.

·
Registered
47,718 Posts
Simplicity said:
PPP isn't a hater :eek: Like many others, he is fed up! She is annoying! Alwyas freaking withdrawing! She should just retire :rolleyes: I can't believe she used to be at the top of womens' tennis :eek: Those girls must have been playing horrible back then :drool:
Thank. You. :worship:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts