Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You now !!! I wish it was :bounce: 1999-2000 season :bounce: . I still remember amazing matches of Hingis, Davenport, Pierce, Seles, Venus, Serena, Kournikova, Aratxa.... during that time. I enjoyed tennis very much then. WTa tour was the big part of almost each day of mine. Right now there is no Hingis and Arantxa :sad: . Seles is hardly playing :sad: . Injuries are bothering Pierce, Davenport, Venus and Serena :sad: and Kournikova is something we can see in commercials only :sad: . All that dominate of Wiliams sisters and the two from Belgium makes me a little boring but that is just the way it is I guess :sad:
:wavey: TAKE CARE :wavey:
1999 season
2000 season

Please come back
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
with no Hingis playing, Williamses out at the moment, Davenport and Seles too, Mauresmo and Hantuchova not playing well...it's not easy.

There are Kim, Justine, Jennifer and all those young Russian newcomers that do something...but I agree the Tour is in a "strange" phase right now...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,446 Posts
Tompier said:
You now !!! I wish it was :bounce: 1999-2000 season :bounce: . I still remember amazing matches of Hingis, Davenport, Pierce, Seles, Venus, Serena, Kournikova, Aratxa.... during that time. I enjoyed tennis very much then. WTa tour was the big part of almost each day of mine. Right now there is no Hingis and Arantxa :sad: . Seles is hardly playing :sad: . Injuries are bothering Pierce, Venus and Serena :sad: and Kournikova is something we can see in commercials only :sad: . All that dominate of Wiliams sisters and the two from Belgium makes me a little boring but that is just the way it is I guess :sad:
:wavey: TAKE CARE :wavey:
1999 season
2000 season

Please come back

noo...don't bring me back........ahhh...mee too.... :eek: depressed and reminiscing......
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tompier

· Registered
Joined
·
13,767 Posts
i miss those matches too :sad:

the 1999-2000 had so many memorable matches
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tompier

· Registered
Joined
·
19,459 Posts
I miss the old times too, when tournaments were unpredictable, and anyone in the top ten was a threat to win a tier 1 or make it to a GS final. The WS and now the Belgians have kind of killed that now, and I like to see the WS win as much as possible, but it's sort of a catch 22 because I never think anyone besides the WS are going to win a tourney that they are in so it sort of takes the luster off of them winning because I expected them to win.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47,657 Posts
Knizzle said:
I miss the old times too, when tournaments were unpredictable, and anyone in the top ten was a threat to win a tier 1 or make it to a GS final. The WS and now the Belgians have kind of killed that now, and I like to see the WS win as much as possible, but it's sort of a catch 22 because I never think anyone besides the WS are going to win a tourney that they are in so it sort of takes the luster off of them winning because I expected them to win.
yeah in 4 tournaments the sisters have played together, only once!! neither of them has won the tournament and three twice it was an-all williams finals! Damn.....and only 4 times combined of 13 tournaments neither of them has won a tournament they have entered!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,222 Posts
Of course, I miss the 1999-2000 season and all the great matches, but even more, I miss the mid-1970s, 1973-74 particularly, when more of the greatest women tennis players of all time were all playing well: Margaret Court, Billie Jean King, Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Virginia Wade, and newcomer Martina Navratilova. These ladies played some of the best tennis every played during this TENNIS BOOM spurned on by The Battle of the Sexes. I remember when you couldn't get a court in the public parks- so many people were out there playing tennis!

I know- time to take more Geritol, but hell, it's not that long ago, kids!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tompier

· Registered
Joined
·
6,189 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Of course, I miss the 1999-2000 season and all the great matches, but even more, I miss the mid-1970s, 1973-74 particularly, when more of the greatest women tennis players of all time were all playing well: Margaret Court, Billie Jean King, Chris Evert, Evonne Goolagong, Virginia Wade, and newcomer Martina Navratilova. These ladies played some of the best tennis every played during this TENNIS BOOM spurned on by The Battle of the Sexes. I remember when you couldn't get a court in the public parks- so many people were out there playing tennis!

I know- time to take more Geritol, but hell, it's not that long ago, kids!
I miss 1999 too, Lindsay is the best that year!!!! considering that tough competition. Remember Steffi was still active during 1999 so you can add her up to those list.

Sorry Alfajeffster but I dont know anything yet during 70's. I was not even born during those periods but I heard its exciting too.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47,657 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
I miss 1999 too, Lindsay is the best that year!!!! considering that tough competition. Remember Steffi was still active during 1999 so you can add her up to those list.

Sorry Alfajeffster but I dont know anything yet during 70's. I was not even born during those periods but I heard its exciting too.
´99 was more the start of Williams domination than Lindsay´s best year...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47,657 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
whatever!!!!! I have Lindsay's results
Serena OWNED Lindsay in ´99, well always owned Lindsay.....only thing Lindsay won that year was wimbledon and the championships....whereas Serena had the Open, IW´s( beating Lindsay both times), JP morgan, Grandslam Cup, much bigger than Lindsay´s.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
I miss 99-00 too! Veterans mixed in with hot young players at the time was great!! :)
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top