Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was at the DFS Classic on Wednesday and there I met Corina :bounce: I was sooooo pleased because she's always been one of my top 5 faves (Lindsay at the top of course)........and she's one of those players who has been through and over come so much, which makes me respect her even more :)

I didn't say much - I was kinda "star-struck" I guess. I waited for about an hour until she finished practicing. I got Stubbs autograph first then just as Corina left the practice courts I went over but I couldn't even manage to say, "can I have your autograph" :eek:, I just smiled politely and handed her the tennis ball and pen - she smiled back at me, signed the ball, then I managed to say, [with a lot more meaning and appreciation that I do with other players]; "Thank You Very Much" to which she replied; "You're very welcome". :eek:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I hope I can manage to say a few more words to Lindsay if I meet her at Wimby - or else I'd regret it :sad:

For my full days autograph-hunting report go to:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=74067

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
corina is very nice and sweet,u could have said something more! ;) but i understand the way u feel..its a big emotion to meet ur fave,and when u r in front of her,u r speechless.
i wish u to meet lindsay at wimbledon,and pls take pix! :)

·
Team WTAworld, TOP President
9,327 Posts
i'm jealous ;) Great for you rache!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Hi Rach! :wavey: You're SO LUCKY!! :hearts: I'm really glad you could meet Corina, and don't worry the freezing thing ALWAAYS happens.
It happened to me with Gaby Sabatini, I got a picture with her and could only manage to say "Thank you". And the other one was when I asked Goran to sign my Wimbledon shirt I could EVEN SAY ONE WORD!! I had a friend next to that had to ask him for me if he could sign my shirt. It happens, it's normal, it's like everything blanks out in the moment. If you think about it, it's quite funny.

When I'll meet Lindsay I don't know how i will react. Probably faint and she will have to call Emergency, she'll probably remember me ;) Anyway, hope you can meet Lindsay, please do everything posible to get a photo with her :kiss: :hearts:

Joaco

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I always go dumb when I am getting autographs. I just sort of feel overawed. I did manage to wish Steffi good luck when i got her autograph in 1998 and oh boy was it difficult to get Steffi's autograph with all those bodguards around.

:bounce:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts