Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
25,876 Posts
It's actually from 1976. Chris was the second woman to be named SI's athlete of the year and the first woman to have the honor all to herself. (Billie Jean King shared it with a man in 1972).

In the article Evert, aged 22, said she planned to play only "2 or 3 years more".

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rollo said:
It's actually from 1976. Chris was the second woman to be named SI's athlete of the year and the first woman to have the honor all to herself. (Billie Jean King shared it with a man in 1972).

In the article Evert, aged 22, said she planned to play only "2 or 3 years more".
Hi Rollo! :wavey:

LOL @ the last line. Isn't that why they always say at that age? :lol:

BTW, thanks for the correction. Also yeah, any ideas on why she wore the costume would be nice.

It looks like something pre-WWI era?

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Rollo said:
When does Cold Mountain come out as a film? I read the book and have noticed your sig Sam. Anyone big in it?
nope just some nobodies like Nicole Kidman, Jude Law and Renee Zell-something or other...

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Hmm, now I see why everyone was drooling over her. She´s very very pretty...Anna doesn´t got a thing on her.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
mmm that's kinky.. :lick: :devil:

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rollo said:
Looks late 1800s. Maybe it's an anniversery of some early event-I have no idea.

When does Cold Mountain come out as a film? I read the book and have noticed your sig Sam. Anyone big in it?
Did you like the book, Rollo?

Nicole Kidman = Ada Monroe
Jude Law = Inman
Renee Zellweger = Ruby Thewes
Philip Seymour Hoffmann = Veasey
Donald Sutherland = Monroe
Natalie Portman = Sara

Just some of the cast and characters. It's going to be excellent!

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bumping this in light of Serena Williams's 2015 award and cover.

Everts dress was made by Ted Tinling. He calls it a Victorian "Retro" dress. The racquet was his mothers 1896 racquet!
Yeah that's pretty amazing. I read also that the Retro dress was an exact replica of the one Maud Watson wore when she played in Wimbledon 1984?

·
Registered
40,090 Posts
But you already have a thread created in light Serena cover.
In that thread, you have made it clear you prefer Evert cover and disdain Serena cover, and invite others to express themselves in a poll.

My point is, that thread has already done what you sated ( in your reason for bumping this thread ) here and more.

I am still at loss why you are bumping this thread.
Because it is less confrontational maybe, but also you had second thought about the highly antagonistic nature of that thread and want to dial back the rhetoric?

Had you done this in the fist place, properly pairing the outfit with the goals they are trying to achieve , it would have made for a more fruitful discussion where more posters would have more valuable and enriching contribution.

Instead, you chose to be contemptuous not only of Serena the player in questioning her winning of the award, but also of her outfit on the cover.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts