Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I was very proud of serena she was truly graceful in defeat and very congratulatory to maria well done to both of them.

·
Registered
27,900 Posts
same here :bigwave:

even she defeat LenaD 6-1 6-1.......

even she lost the wim final......

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
me too. you can't win them all and this wasn't her day. i'm so proud of the way she's come back after 8 months. and that's why i feel so bad for her.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
well done serena... :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
This Wimbledon simply cemented my love and admiration for Serena. It's perhaps the most emotional I can remember being, but it's funny how losing can make me see another facet in Serena's character that utimately makes me an even bigger fan. She showed class and beauty today and once again I think we are reminded that we cannot take these players for granted. I take my hat off to both players and Serena remains always a great champion in the sport.

·
Registered
85 Posts
we have to call her: LADY SERENA... I`m amazed about how she finished that match! ;)

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
She won my heart at the time for the way she acted in defeat, but the interview later on doesn't seem to have been very gracious. I didn't see it on the TV, so I'll have to try to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she was giggling through it.

·
Banned
100 Posts
she was certainly more respectfull then i have seen her in the past, which is awsome, shes matured so much not just as a tennis player, but serena has been able to put some perspective into things other than the average excuse of just : oooh well i was playing bad"

Shes certainly back to playing some great tennis, espeacially against cappy ( i think thats more revenge tho) and so we can see more rena more sooner!

ta`

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I agree. The way she acted in defeat was pure class :worship:

I cant remember the last time a defeated player in the GS final acted that way, gave their opponent a hug and congratulated them like that, and smiled throughout the ceremony.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts