Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the outcries begin! Can you believe she said that?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Oh, come on. She hasn't been saying it for years. If she said it, then it's the first time that I can recall. There is a big difference in saying you gave one away and saying you gave all of them away. So…do you really not know the difference or is this opportunism?

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Funny how most 'top' players who lose to Anna P. say similar things :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no difference. If you lost a match in which you think you played poorly thus "giving the match awy" it doesn't matter if you say it once or three times. Her opponent said it could have gone either way, and that she won the key points. The point is when you lose it's because the other player played better on that day period end of story.

Martina said the game had passed Steffi by and that Steffi was too old and slow, to my knowledge she only stated this once...that was enough for remarks to comeback and bite her in the ass! Twice!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and thank you Bella. I was wondering how long it would take before we got the "double standard" post.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Isn't this the same person who said that neither Serena nor Venus could beat Kim at the AO? If I were her, I'd worry more about my game because something is wrong when you can't beat a person who is playing in her first hardcourt match this summer (Anna played on clay most of the summer) and is ranked lower than you.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Russian arrogance! Anna had it now Myskina

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Something to that affect. I'm glad she said that publically it gave Venus that much more motivation to never lose to her...EVER!

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Mad-About-Venus said:
It must be a Russian thing Isn't this exactly what Anna K said about Venus when she lost to her at the Lipton final in 98 ?
Yes, but Anna Kournikova actually did give that match away- she had Venus on the ropes the whole time, outsmarting her in rallies and at the net, and then she just kind of got too close to the finish line and crumbled. I hated that match- very frustrating to watch.

·
Premium Member
26,690 Posts
Knizzle said:
No one cares what Myskina says, she is not a Williams sister.
Actually you're probably right - Myskina is nowhere near as high profile or as well known as the Williams sisters. Less people probably look to her as an icon of sportsmanship.

Still, not a fair thing to say, maybe she's regretting it on her plane home.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Yes, but Anna Kournikova actually did give that match away- she had Venus on the ropes the whole time, outsmarting her in rallies and at the net, and then she just kind of got too close to the finish line and crumbled. I hated that match- very frustrating to watch.
:sad: :sad: I agree !

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.