Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selestials, sorry, I know that I go too far but can I ask for a favour? I am superstitutous, can you lovely people not to post thread liked "Monica is the 2002 AO Open winner", "Monica surely beat Martina" etc? coz seems every time she lost after posting these threads :(.

I am really sorry about this but I want the best for Monica :)

·
Registered
27,169 Posts
I never post so threads, I always post " good luck " and " all the best ".I know you wants the best for her, Miranda,because you are a true fan.:bounce:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Miranda, do you really think it can have any influence ?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Hey Miranda,

this superstition is not strange at all, that's why in all the poll when ask like who will be no.1 or who will be grand slam champion or whether Monica can beat Venus etc etc. I never vote for Monica LOL, I vote for her rival.

·
Registered
74 Posts
but could be the total opposite. Because there is not enough people who say and think she will win, then she lost.

eh eh:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Who posted those thread certainly not me!:confused:

·
Registered
25,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello Selestials, sorry, none of you did this :eek: but others not here. Please don't be angry with me coz some of them's signature said Monica is 2002 AO winner, while some posted in Tokyo's thread saying cheering for the 2002AO winner Monica and some said he will not celebrate even if Monica won against Martina etc :eek:

My sincere apologies if I have offended any one but I really think if we keep low-profiled and not over confidence about her chances, then Monica will win :)

Best wishes to you all :D

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Miranda, i feel it the same way, that's the reason why i'm not visiting cheering threads :(

·
Registered
25,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, Z Seles, I didn't mean the cheering thread but those threads/signatures which are over-confident about Monica's winning chances ;)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
The same old story all over again! :sad:

Again there were threads as "Monica - 2002 RG Champion", Monica will win the French Open etc.

We all love Monica and we all want her to win another Slam, but I just don't like these threads. As Miranda said, it seems she losses everytime when someone posts the thread like this :rolleyes:

I know, i'm really superstitious, but I can't help myself :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes i totally agree with you miranda because some posters of venus fans for example might get nasty now because of the "How will we celebrate Monica winning Roland Garros etc" and i am also superstitious which doesnt help when Monica looses!

·
Registered
610 Posts
And plus. This threads invite the Seles- Haters. They write everything about her and then we have a conflict with them.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Would you want Monica to come to this board one day and see a "Venus will win Wimbledon" thread, a "Serena will win Wimbledon" thread, a "Jennifer will win Wimbledon" thread, a "Kim will win Wimbledon" thread, a "Justine will win Wimbledon" thread, a "Jelena will win Wimbledon" thread, and none for her? How would she feel?

·
Registered
25,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
poor alx, i was not referring to you, you are always nice to monica :)

i want the best for monica, i think just cheering for her by creating threads like "Monica-good luck in Roland Garros" is enough, sorry that i never am a confident person and i agree with tennisfan that this will lead to more critics and jealous fans of others to attack coz they may said monica has not won for many years etc ......

some are creating trouble by saying Monica will sure beat Daniella/Venus etc, yes and that how to celebrate yet thread :(, too premature :(.

Not only for monica, but even for others players, those threads like Venus will sure beat Monica, i also dislike this, this is too arrogant for me :)

I know that there is freedom of posting and i apologise to those who got offenened by me but i just want the best for my beloved Monica :angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I think I understand you to a certain extent, Miranda. I don't like seeing stupid predictions like "Monica will double bagel Venus".

Suppose I said Monica would beat Venus 6-4 6-4, and someone else said 6-0 6-0. If Monica loses, who looks smarter? I do. If Monica wins in 3 sets, I look smarter again. If Monica wins 6-3 6-3, I still look smarter because I was close. What are the chances she will win 6-1 6-1? Not good. Now if Venus wins, then her fans want to come out and ridicule everyone who predicted a 6-0 6-0 for Monica. As they should. Keep it real. A win by Monica is just as sweet whether you predicted it, guaranteed it, or were surprised by it. A loss hurts more if you were running your mouth.

·
Registered
25,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks, dispo, i understand what you mean :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts