1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTT Capitals Nicole Vaidisova Beats Maria Sharapova
July 14, 2004
Frank Riley
The Sacramento Capitals were beaten by the Newport Beach Breakers 16-23. But Vaidisova of the Capitals shocked Sharapova 5-3. The Capitals get their first lose this year after earning the best record in the WTT. Ramon Delgado rocked Dmitry Tursunov of the Capitals 5-1. Delgado and Ellis ferreira of the Breakers beat Mark Knowles and Tursunov 5-3. Nana Myagi and Sharapova take the win against Anastassia Rodionova and Vaidisova 5-3. Ferreira and Sharapova win a tight match against Knowles and Rodionova 5-4(2). Perhaps, the only bright spot for the Capitals was Vaidisovas win over Sharapova the 2004 Wimbledon Winner.

·
Registered
932 Posts
yea yea yea, this result was like from last week

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AnDyDog621 said:
yea yea yea, this result was like from last week
Sorry...I just read it from the www.tennis-inside.net
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
However, I'm really satisfied :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
oh wow. Maria lost 5 of 8 games. One can still win real matches after going down 3-5:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
She is probably tired from Wimbledon and hard is not her best surface. Atleast a hundred tennis writers don't think she was lucky.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,786 Posts
It's a bit shocking, but if this had been a normal match, Maria would've been much more concentrated and better prepared. She probably didn't care about this match at all.

·
Banned
75 Posts
WTT? Isn't that more of a leasure event then serious competition?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
nate_my_love said:
i was just thinking that there're other players that can beat Maria....and that's all
That's not what's in your thread title.

Was this a real match? No. For Maria this was an appearance, a contractual obligation she had to fulfil. She just went to give a display in a five game match. It wasn't even important to her team. I'll bet she was as focussed as a pink blancmange!

Do you really think she would have lost a WTA 3-setter to Vaidisova?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
...the only people who give a toss about WTT are 14 year old kids who get the chance to beat the big names...that's why Sharapova cared about it last year...now she's the big name... :)

·
Banned
24,209 Posts
Right, and Anna Kournikova should be #1 in doubles because she won a couple of doubles matches in WTT! Come On Now... you have to be kidding me!

·
Registered
199,040 Posts
There's more than WTT and isn't important enough to jude Masha's tennis on that. There are by far luckier players on the tour than Masha.

·
Banned
24,209 Posts
oooh well, we all know what they say...

once you are fresh and new they try to lift you up..

once you are up, they do anything to bring you down...

·
Registered
104 Posts
......anybody who posts about WTT matches as if they were real tennis matches should be banned from this forum.

no tennis match can ever be won by a score of 5-3

moderaters what do you think?

;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts